The training is FREE for church members.
Besides our core group from church we will gather with two other churches participating for study and discussions. If you are interested, you can come to any or all of the meetings and the topics are listed below.
We especially recommend being engaged if you have children or grandchildren in the church or work with children at Saint Mark. Besides learning new thing, we will be thinking about how we can make our church safer for everyone so it can become a true sanctuary.
If you are interested, please email:
so we can makes sure you receive notices about dates and places to meet.
SAFE CHURCH TRAINING SCHEDULE
- July 27 - Caring for ourselves and others as adult survivors
- Early September - Understanding sexual offenders and red flags
- Late October - for pastors - Dealing with ideas around forgiveness, pastoral support, child-against-child abuse
- Jan 2020 - Prevention and cultural change
- 6March 2020 - Preparing for implementation, celebrating what we have accomplished.