The midpoint of marking period 4 is approaching in May and progress reports will be mailed home on May 13th.
Students continue to demonstrate growth in
all academic areas. Attendance has been remarkable and with the weather becoming more seasonal students are spending more time outside during break, lunch and physical education.We are proud to announce that we are working towards having a certified therapy dog. Olive is a four- year- old Yorkshire terrier who is currently attending training and will be joining the team shortly. We are eager to have Olive work with our students and staff.
Coming Events at Sage Mahwah Lower & Middle School
- May 13 - Progress Reports Mailed
- May 24 - School Carnival, 12:30 PM dismissal
- May 27 - Memorial Day Monday School Closed
Things are heating up in the art room at Boonton. Students have started a unit covering warm glass work. Currently they are using glass bottles, which have been flattened to create a piece which represents themselves. While taking into consideration the nature of the material (fragile, transparent, solid) they are beginning to create some beautiful works of art. The individual pieces will become part of a hanging installation that we hope to have on display before the Spring Arts Festival on May16th.
Students will continue to work with glass in other ways as Ms. Anderson and Mr. Williams guide them into the art of glass fusing. Students will work with cold pieces of glass and then send them to be heated to temperatures from 1200 to 1450 degrees.This differs from hot glass working at temperatures well over 2000 degrees (i.e. glass blowing) and cold glass work such as stained glass. We are looking forward to some fantastic and unique works from this very special art form.
Sage Day Boonton would like to invite you to experience Therapeutic Education That Transforms. Please join us on Thursday, May 16th, for a tour of our High School. There will be time for Q&A once the tour has concluded. May 16th is the day of our Spring Arts Festival so it is a great day to come and immerse yourself in the positive energy of Sage Day. We encourage you to bring any questions you may have and we look forward to having you join us on May 16th!
Coming Events at Sage Boonton High School
- May 1 - Parent Support Group, 7:30 PM
- May 10 - Field Trip to Storm King Art Center
- May 16 - Open House; Spring Arts Festival 7:00 PM
- May 17 - Early Dismissal, 12:30 PM
- May 23 - Junior/Senior Prom
- May 24 - Early Dismissal, 12:30 PM
- May 27 - Closed Memorial Day
- June 7 - End of Year Trip to Six Flags
Our Freshmen class is going to the Castle Shakespeare Repertory in Budd Lake to see a rendition of the classic Romeo & Juliet. The class has just finished reading the play. The show is filled with authentic period costumes, sets and music. The audience will get to meet the cast in a question-answer period after the show. There is also an exciting stage sword fight demonstration. Students and staff will be stopping for lunch at a local restaurant before returning to school.
The Bank of Rochelle Park is offering a $500 scholarship to one of our graduates. Seniors must submit a 350-800 word essay to the Bank representative by May 17th. The Bank describes their criteria as "a graduating student whose college major is in Business or Finance and a student who has excelled academically." The winning senior is presented with the scholarship at our commencement ceremony.
We are very happy to announce that our homerooms have collected $726.50 that will be donated to the St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital.
Our National Honor Society will be hosting a fundraiser for the victims of Hurricane Sandy on May 3rd. Students will be donating $5 for a pizza lunch and participation in the afternoon activities.There will be a volleyball tournament, gym activities, art activities, a video gaming competition and a Texas holdem tournament. Our Crafts Club will be making bracelets to sell and for a donation of $1, students can wear hats all day and for a donation of $5, staff can dress down on May 3rd. This event should prove to be successful, spirited and fun for the entire school.
Coming Events at Sage Rochelle Park High School
- May 10 - Trip to the Bronx Zoo. Students will depart from school at 9AM and return for their normal 2:30PM dismissal.
- May 10 - Progress reports are due
- May 17 - Annual staff/student softball game at Carlock Field
- May 23 - Junior/Senior prom aboard the World Yacht cruise
- May 24 - There is a 12:30PM dismissal to begin Memorial Day weekend
- May 27 - School is closed
- May 28 - There will be a track meet at the Newmark School in Plainfield. Sage Day's track team, coached by Mr. Milon, has 25 members and will be participating in the meet.