Reminders: All previous bulletins and other resources listed at
. Resource requests from our community institutions listed at the end of this bulletin. Send any questions to
SBA Clarification for Faith Based Organizations
The SBA has clarified that faith-based organizations are eligible to receive loans - both Paycheck Protection Program and Economic Injury Disaster Loan - regardless of whether they provide secular social services. Read the FAQ
More SBA Illinois Webinars
If your small business has been impacted by coronavirus, join this free online training to learn more about several federal funding programs to address the COVID-19 outbreak. The next webinar will be Friday, April 10 at 10:30 am. Register
Reminder: Downstate Stabilization Program Deadlines
Small businesses (of 50 or less employees) are encouraged to apply for the Downstate Business Stabilization Program. More details and application at
. Deadlines for businesses to apply:
Peoria, Mason and Woodford Counties: April 10 at 5 p.m.
Tazewell County: April 13 at 5 p.m.
NEW: Logan County: April 17 at 5 p.m.
Hospitality Emergency Grant Results
DCEO received over 12,000 completed applications for the Hospitality Emergency Grant. DCEO and Accion determined awardees via lottery. Those selected and not selected were notified on April 8, 2020. About 11,000 applications were from bars and restaurants while the remainder were small hotels. The program is awarding over 700 grant awards, totaling over $14 million. 71 counties in Illinois are represented with an average award of $20,000. No information is yet available regarding selectees in Greater Peoria.
Updated CDC Guidance for Critical Workers Exposed to COVID-19
To ensure continuity of operations of essential functions, CDC advises that critical infrastructure workers may be permitted to continue work following potential exposure to COVID-19, provided they remain asymptomatic and additional precautions are implemented to protect them and the community. More information
- Community Foundation of Central Illinois: Requesting monetary donations for the Central Illinois Disaster Recovery Fund. Information https://communityfoundationci.org/. Morton Chamber & EDC addition: The Morton Community Foundation has also announced a Morton Area Disaster Relief Fund for organizations serving those affected by COVID-19. Donations are being matched to up to $10,000. Donate here.
- UnityPoint Health: UnityPoint is seeking personal protective equipment (PPE) and other medical supplies. They are als in search of medical personnel to help them prepare in the event that there is an influx of sick patients. Information here.
- OSF Healthcare: OSF seeking personal protective equipment (PPE), ventilators and other supplies. Information here.
- Peoria Innovation Alliance: PIA is gathering the maker community to discuss ways individuals and small companies can make supplies like masks. Information here.
- Heartland Health Services: Seeking personal protective equipment, medical supplies, hand sanitizer, and disinfectant wipes unopened. More information here.
- UICOMP Accepting Handmade Masks – The University of Illinois College of Medicine is accepting donations of handmade masks. Details can be found here.
- Morton Chamber & EDC addition: Community Harvest and Midwest Food Bank are soliciting monetary donations to help support the influx of requests for food.Visit their sites for more info.
- Morton Chamber & EDC addition: Community United Church of Christ and Grace Church are working together to provide meals to Morton kids over Spring Break.To help cover some of the expenses, they are graciously accepting monetary donations. Checks can be made out to and mailed to Community United Church of Christ, 300 N. Main St, Morton, IL 61550 with the memo "School Meals".
Chief Executive Officer
Greater Peoria Economic Development Council