The City of Madison
it is committing $100,000 to match Kiva small business loans. Kiva loans from $1,000 to $15,000 will be available to qualified owners, with the City matching the amount raised at no cost to the business owner.
Kiva is an international, non-profit, crowdfunding platform for small businesses that provides zero percent interest capital to local small businesses with no fee. Businesses use the funding as working capital, then pay back their lenders each month.
Businesses endorsed by the following organizations can receive the match:
- Madison Black Chamber of Commerce
- Hmong Chamber of Commerce of WI
- Latino Chamber of Commerce of Dane County
- Madison Cooperative Development Coalition
- Wisconsin Women's Business Initiative Corporation (WWBIC)
- Dane Buy Local
- Madison Central Business Improvement District (BID)
If you are interested in a loan – or in becoming a Kiva lender for as little as $25 – click