Dear SCBA Parents:
It is sad to think this is our final newsletter of the 2020-2021 school year. The school years feel like they move faster and faster! I remember being in school and thinking summer would NEVER get here! Now, it seems like I blinked once and it is summer.
The halls are empty and it is very quiet here. It is definitely different around here in the summer time with all the teachers and scholars gone. With the year coming to a close, SCBA said goodbye to some teachers this past week:
- Mrs. Asta (4th Grade)
- Mrs. Bresette (3rd Grade)
- Mrs. Fessler (2nd Grade)
- Mrs. Lee (6th Grade)
- Mrs. Mulvihill (7th/8th Religion)
- Mrs. Tomes (Music)
We will also be saying goodbye to Courtney Savageau, the parish/school Communications Coordinator. So if there is something you would like to include in the school newsletter, please send it to Rose Hochstatter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saying goodbye is always difficult. The good news is all the teachers leaving are taking their training and love of the Classical model with them and will be able to share it wherever their new adventures take them. What a gift this will bring to the communities they will be working with this next school year.
I am pleased to announce our teaching staff for the 2021-2022 school year:
SCBA Early Childhood Center:
- 2 Year old room- Mrs. Molly Fleming- lead teacher; Miss Angelina Mortelli -assistant teacher
- Montessori- Mrs. Morehouse - Lead teacher; Assistant teacher-
- Pre-School- Mrs. Peggy Malaponti - lead teacher; Mrs. Nicole Caylor - assistant teacher
- Pre-Kindergarten- Mrs. Rebecca VanDyke- lead teacher and ECC Coordinator; Mrs. Brandy Riney - assistant teacher
Kindergarten through 8th Grade:
- Kindergarten - Mrs. Susie Henton; Kindergarten Aides- Mrs. Fran Gillespie and Mrs. Jennifer Gray
- 1st Grade - Mrs. Suzie Jones
- 2nd Grade-
- 3rd Grade - Miss Megan Dusanek
- 4th Grade- Mrs. Elysha Ferguson
- 5th Grade - Mrs. Rose Brown
- 6th Grade Homeroom and 6th, 7th and 8th History and Religion-
- 7th Grade Homeroom and 6th, 7th and 8th ELA- Mrs. Phyllis Wegeng
- 8th Grade Homeroom and 6th, 7th and 8th Math and Science- Mrs. Karla Prewitt
- PE- Mr. Rick Auxier
- Music- Mrs. Niccole Winney
- Art- Mrs. Mary Marotta
- Library and Resource Teacher- Mrs. Elaine Nick
- Resource Teacher - Mrs. Colleen Mackin
- Latin- Miss Clarissa Goebel
SCBA is excited to welcome our new teachers and staff to our Academy. I know each of them are excited to join our Academy and parish community.
Beginning June 7th - July 30, 2021, the SCBA office will be open Monday through Thursday from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. Our Academy newsletter will be sent out on Friday, June 18 and Friday, July 16th during the summer. We will begin the weekly newsletters starting on Friday, July 30th!
We hope to see everyone at our Annual Garage Sale June 16-19th! This is one of the largest school fundraisers - so thank you for helping with this event. Mrs. Tomes and her team do an amazing job. We are so lucky to have so many volunteers and people supporting our Academy and parish!
I pray all our families will be able to attend Mass each week. I know Fr. Don will love seeing you and your scholars each week at Mass. Enjoy your summer!