Hello Sloan Creek Families,
Happy Thursday! We are getting excited to start an amazing year of learning! I know everyone is getting lots of information on the start of the school year, so we are intending for this email to be a one-stop-shop for all your Sloan Creek back to school questions!
We hope you will watch the two videos posted above.
The "SCIS Parent Message, 8.13.20" video posted above has details for parents about the final details for parents regarding Monday from Mr. Winkler.
The "How to log in on the first day" video posted above is intended to guide your children on finding out who their teachers are by logging into powerschool on Friday, as well as how to log into google classroom and use zoom made by our teachers.
Login: Last Name _First Name
Password: Student ID number
Login: Last Name_First Name@lovejoyisd.com
Password: Student ID number
Calendar of Events:
- Every family received an reminder email today with your child's login and password information incase they do not remember how to log in to powerschool and google classroom. (see video above)
Friday, August 14:
- 8:00 a.m: you may view your child's schedule in powerschool and log into google classroom.
- 1st period teachers will call your home to connect with your child and ensure they know how to log in to their class on the first day of school.
- Students may log into google classroom and "Join" all their classes.
- At this time we are not accepting schedule change requests due to scheduling constrictions.
Live SCIS Question and Answer hosted on the Sloan Creek Facebook Page. 12:00-1:00 p.m. We will have parents, teachers, and administrators on to answer any questions you might have!
Saturday, August 15:
- Alternate Technology and yearbook pick up 9:00-10:00 a.m (Planners are sold out)
Monday, August 17:
- School starts at 7:40 a.m.
- Teachers will be logged in and ready to greet your child on zoom starting at 7:30 a.m.
- All students will log into their first period classroom's zoom link, posted in google classroom.
Monday is an "A Day" -Students will have 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 7th period. SCIS Bell Schedule
- Lunch for all students will be from 12:45-1:15.
- Week one of school is called "Camp Leopard" where teachers focus on connecting with kids, learning about the learning structures we have in place for the next three weeks, and understanding what rigorous learning looks like in the virtual setting.
Technology Help Line at 214.507.4415 (7:30 a.m-5:00 p.m.)
Save the date:
SCIS Walk The Creek- Wednesday, September 2
5th Grade 8:30-11:00
6th Grade 1:00-1:30.
This will be an optional time for students to walk their schedule prior to the first day of face to face instruction. Due to safety concerns, we can only allow students in the building during this time. More details to follow.
If I can be of service in anyway, please reach out to me directly.