Hello Sloan Creek Families,
I hope you will watch the video summary posted above for more details about:
Welcome back to SCIS:
We are excited to be back with your kiddos online and in person!
● A parent or guardian will be required to screen their children for COVID-19 symptoms each day prior to sending them to school. Parents will need to take their child’s temperature daily. Additional screening may be conducted during the school day.
● Parents must ensure they do not send a child to school on campus if the child has COVID-19 symptoms (as listed below) or is lab-confirmed with COVID-19, and instead should opt to receive remote instruction until the below conditions for re-entry are met. CDC steps if you are sick or think you might have COVID-19
● Staff and students should not enter campuses or district buildings if experiencing any symptoms that indicate a possible COVID-19 infection. In evaluating whether an individual has symptoms consistent with COVID-19, consider the following question:
Have they recently begun experiencing any of the following in a way that is not normal for them?
■ Feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit
■ Loss of taste or smell
■ Difficulty breathing
■ Shortness of breath
■ Sore throat
■ Congestion or runny nose
■ Shaking or exaggerated shivering
■ Significant muscle pain or ache
■ Nausea or vomiting
○ Has a confirmed case of COVID-19 or has been in close contact with a person with a confirmed case of COVID-19. These individuals must follow all isolation and quarantine guidelines from the local health authority or their physician.
○ Has a household member who is awaiting COVID-19 test results, or who is awaiting their own test results.
○ Has traveled internationally or on a cruise in the past 14 days. These individuals must follow current CDC self-quarantine recommendations.
If you requested picture retakes, they will be given to your child today to bring home.
Above and Beyond Awards:
At Sloan Creek, we know EVERY staff member goes above and beyond, though we may not always hear about it. Who are our unsung heroes? Has a SCIS teacher or staff member gone above and beyond for your child/family? We want to hear about it! Parents, community members, staff members and students are welcome to share.
Mrs Drummond: She goes above and beyond every day making learning fun! But she has such a genuine love for the kids and it causes the classroom to love her back. Her festive holiday wear everyday this week made my son's week! She's a joy!
Have a wonderful, restful, safe and healthy holiday break!