Sloan Creek Parents,
We hope you have had a great week. I know our teachers are enjoying the time that they get to connect with you and your kids each week via their office hours. Please see the video below about a few details regarding:
It's time for "The Talk" for 5th Graders. (see video above)
- Scroll down to view the Always Changing-Boys or Always Changing-Girls (not the original version).
- Once you have viewed it please consider watching it with your child.
- Please take this opportunity to talk openly with your child and answer questions they may have.
Year End Turn In & Pick Up.
(see video above)
In an effort to celebrate each child and wrap up the year, teachers and staff will be hosting a drive-through turn-in and pick-up event the last week of May.
This will be held curbside during the assigned times below. Staff will be on hand to assist as you return SCIS laptops and library books and pick up the contents of your child's locker and classroom materials as well as medicine, and other school work that will be pre-bagged for you.
Families will stay in their vehicle and drive through separate drop off and pick up areas at SCIS. It will also give our staff a chance to wave at your child and say goodbye for the summer!
Year End Turn in and Pick Up Schedule:
- Monday, May 25th 9:00-11:00 5th Grade Last Names: A-L
- Tuesday, May 26th 9:00-11:00 5th Grade Last Names:M-Z
- Wednesday, May 27th, 9:00-11:00 6th Grade Last Names: A-L
- Thursday, May 28th- 9:00-11:00 6th Grade Last Names: M-Z
- Friday, May 29th- 9:00-11:00 open pick up and drop off.
Items to return to SCIS:
- Laptops and chargers
- Library Books
- Any item checked out to your child
Item that will be pre-packaged for you to pick up:
- Locker contents
- Projects (art/stem/health)
- Instructional material from classrooms
SCIS On Demand Video Help:
If you need a little help quickly, but your teacher's office hours are over you can also reach out to our SCIS On Demand Video Help. They will attempt to assist you with any content, any grade level question you have!
We will be staffing this daily.
Have a question?
Feel free to reach out to Mr. Winkler @ 214.417.4660
With tremendous gratitude,