Hello Sloan Creek Families,
Just a quick reminder that we have technology, agenda, and yearbook pick up tomorrow from 9:00-12:00.
Don't forget to create a sign with your child's first and last name on it and display it in the driver side window. You will check in with Mr. Winkler at the south end of the campus and drive around to the loading area where our staff will place your items in the trunk of your car. For everyone's safety, we will ask everyone to stay in their cars during pick-up.
Technology, Agenda, and Yearbook Pick Up Procedures:
The main pick up day for technology, 2019-2020 yearbook, and 2020-2021 student planner will be Wednesday, August 12, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm on the Sloan Creek Campus.
- If you are unavailable on this date a brief secondary time has been scheduled for Saturday, August 15th, 9:00 am - 10:00 am at SCIS.
- Each car will enter through the south entrance.
- Please display your child's name in the driver's side car window.
Technology Pick Up Details:
Since the first three weeks will be online, we will once again offer to check out devices to any students who need one in order to join their classes online. If you have a device at home that your child can use, I encourage you to not check one out from the school as these devices are limited. The sign up to reserve your device can be found here.
- Beginning September 8th, if your child will be returning to campus for face to face instruction, they will need to return their device on that day to the library.
Yearbook and Planner Pick Up
- There will be extra copies of both the yearbooks and planners that can be purchased on a first come first served basis.
- We will only be accepting cash or check made payable to SCIS.
- A reminder email will be sent to those who previously purchased one or both of these items.
- Please bring exact cash or check. No change can be made:
- Yearbooks $30
- Planners $20
Back to School Process:
- On Thursday, August 13, you will get an email with a video detailing how your child will log into their classes on the first day of school.
- You and your child can view their schedule online by logging into PowerSchool on Friday, August 14th.
- Homeroom teachers will be calling each family on Friday, August 13 to ensure that your child knows how to log in on the first day of school (which is Monday, August 17th at 7:40 a.m.)
If your child has an issue logging into their classes on the first day of school have a Technology Help Desk 214-507-4415.
A/B Day Calendar:
New to LISD Student and Parent Orientation
Thursday, August 13 from 1:00-2:00 p.m.
- This zoom virtual program is for all new families to Lovejoy ISD.
- Students will have the opportunity to meet other new students to SCIS.
- Zoom Link
Save the date:
SCIS Walk The Creek- Wednesday, September 2
5th Grade 8:30-11:00
6th Grade 1:00-1:30.
This will be an optional time for students to walk their schedule prior to the first day of face to face instruction. Due to safety concerns, we can only allow students in the building during this time. More details to follow.
Not Returning to LISD Next Year?
If your student will not be returning to SCIS or WSMS in the fall, please click here for the withdrawal form that must be completed. Contact Lori Esser at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
New Student Registration
Lovejoy ISD is now accepting new student registration for the 2020-2021 school year. The enrollment process can be completed all online. Begin the online enrollment process at the following link:
If I can be of service in anyway, please reach out to me directly.