CMA YOUNG PHYSICIAN SECTION (YPS)
YPS is a group of young physicians just starting out in their career. YPS is considered a CMA "Section." All CMA members who are under forty years of age or within the first (8) years of professional practice after completion of formal training programs are eligible for membership in the Young Physicians Section.
PURPOSE OF YPS
- Facilitate the transition from residency training to clinical practice and promote the interaction between established physicians and young physicians;
- Empower young physicians as leaders of organized medicine at all levels;
- Introduce and engage YPS in governance activities;
- Building relationships with State and Regional colleagues;
- An opportunity to voice your opinions on major issues.
- A teleconference call each quarter (4x per year.)
- An annual assembly on Friday, the day before CMA House of Delegates
- SCMA asks that you connect with our Board of Directors 2x per year to report on YPS activities and get regional support on issues of importance to YPS, if necessary.
YPS Member: Consists of any eligible physician member that is interested. All YPS Members are invited to participate in the quarterly calls to discuss resolutions and other major issues.
YPS Assembly: Consists of
elected representatives and alternate representatives from each component societies of the YPS Member roster; Each society is given a specific number of seats based on their YPS membership.
- SCMA has 114 young physician section members, so we are entitled to 1 representative and 1 alternate who sit on the YPS Assembly. [This also means we have a great opportunity for our Young Physicians Network here in Sonoma County. If there is interest, I am happy to plan local networking activities and events, but I will need a couple of you to be YPN champions.] Lets engage our super powers!
- MLCMS has 2 young physician section members, we we are entitled to 1 representative and 1 alternate to sit on the YPS Assembly. Rural medicine, Represent!
Assembly members vote on official YPS elections (ex: CMA BOT Trustees YPS seat, CMA HOD delegates/alternates, AMA positions etc.)
The term is a two year term that begins at the time of their election.
The 2020 deadline to submit names is 60 days prior to the start of the House of Delegates [or August 23, 2020.]
YPS Executive Committee: Consists of elected YPS Section chair, immediate past chair, chair elect, AMA reps, CMA HOD reps, and two at- large members as elected by the YPS Assembly; They can vote on immediate mid-term vacancies, endorsements and urgent matters
WHY THIS EMAIL?
In addition to reminding you that we have this very important section for young physician members, we are seeking SCMA representation on the YPS Assembly.
SCMA is seeking two young physician representatives to be the voice of Sonoma County young physicians.
MLCMS is also seeking two young physician representatives to be the voice of Mendocino Lake County young physicians.
If you received this email, you are eligible for these roles. If you are interested, please contact me at my home office at (707) 620-0808 and I will submit your info to CMA as our designated representative.
Our deadline to submit our elected YPS representative/alternate representatives
is close of business: August 23, 2020.
Thank you for your consideration.
Wendy Young, Executive Director
Sonoma County Medical Association
Mendocino County Medical Association
(707) 620-0808 | email@example.com