Seeking aspiring authors/writers
who would like to see their work
Articles/writers sought for the next issue of
is the journal for the Northern California medical community, written by the local physician members (and non-members), local and regional experts and retired physicians. While there is generally a theme to each issue (for example, the fall/winter issue coming out soon will be focused on the environment), we also strive to tap into the talent and interests of local physicians by featuring your writings.
For the spring/summer 2020 issue of
(theme not yet selected), we are seeking:
• Suggestions for topics/articles.
• Volunteers to write articles on the selected theme for the issue.
• Volunteers to read and write book reviews (open to suggestions on books you wish to review) as they pertain to the topic of the issue.
• SCMA and/or MLCMS physician featured articles sharing the hobbies and/or activities that you engage in to break up the stress of practicing medicine. (We have had some spectacular contributions of local physicians' winemaking, painting, woodworking, stone carving and some amazing photography.) What is your hobby? Care to share it?
• “Mystery cases!” Tap into the latent “Sherlock Holmes” in all of us and share your mystery and how it was resolved.
Give it a thought. Give it a try. We can help you through the process.
— Allan L Bernstein, MD
Chairperson of the Editorial Board,
Email your suggestions by Wednesday, Dec. 18 to
Want to join the Editorial Board? Our next Editorial Board Meeting is: December 3, 2019
Please email your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will keep you posted!