To All SCORE Volunteers and Staff:
After recent news and concerns about COVID-19 (Coronavirus), we are recommending that
ALL VOLUNTEERS AND STAFF WORK REMOTELY AND POSTPONE SCORE GATHERINGS.
What does this mean:
- Utilize all technology options for mentoring - video, email, phone and text - to continue to support your clients as best as you can.
- Postpone any client-facing events and workshops if you cannot use technology (like Zoom).
- Postpone all chapter, district and regional meetings if you cannot use technology (like Zoom).
- Follow your local health department guidelines if they are more restrictive than what we have outlined here.
- Follow the CDC's recommendations. Wash your hands often, provide hand sanitizer whenever possible, cough into your elbow, and do not go out if you have symptoms. See a full list of CDC resources below.
- Follow the CDC's recommendations for guidelines for the businesses you serve and how you operate if you are still in the SCORE office.
We are currently putting a template with these policy changes into each chapter's Constant Contact account for you to notify your clients and event registrants. Please feel free to update as you see fit.
Here is some information on how you can use technology to continue to best serve our clients as SCORE volunteers:
- For mentoring, Zoom and all technology services including phone, text and email are valid ways to stay in touch and meet with your clients. For assistance with how to do that, click here.
- For client-facing workshops, we are temporarily waiving the SOM requirement that "All workshops must be conducted live and in person." All of the other requirements for workshops that are listed in the SOM must still be adhered to.
- For all group events, workshops and client meetings, Zoom is available for your use. For a list of Zoom resources, click here.
- If you have not done so already, please set up your Bill.com for ACH payments from SCORE. All financial institutions are asking to limit activity at branches and ATMs. Moving to an ACH payment will help limit interactions with the bank. Click here for how to do that.
- We understand that prospective volunteers may be impacted by this new policy. We will extend the onboarding to 120 days. If your volunteer is impacted, please let firstname.lastname@example.org know, and we will work together to find a solution.
We will maintain these policies until further notice and will communicate by the end of the month either way.
We understand that there are a number of questions related to the SBA and what support is available, including loans. Right now,
is the most up-to-date information we have. As we learn more, we will share with you.
SCORE Headquarters staff are committed to providing you the best service we can during this time. All teams will remain available working remotely. Please be patient with us if our responses are slightly delayed due to adjusting to the new work setup.
Thank you for working through this time to do your best to deliver SCORE's mission. We are here to answer any questions you may have.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Resources: