September 24, 2019
Distribution: Regional Vice Presidents, District Directors, Chapter Chairs
Annual Code of Ethics
Module 009 - Annual Code of Ethics Commitment FY20 is available and must be completed by all active volunteers (regardless of when they joined SCORE) by September 30, 2019.
SCORE HQ is emailing both SVO and personal emails of those who have not yet taken the Code of Ethics. The email includes CORE log in instructions. As of today, 2,809 active volunteers still need to complete this course. Please encourage your chapter active volunteers to take this course. If there are any technical questions, please email
SCORE Volunteer Email (SVO) Account Usage and Policy
Earlier this month, the function to automatically forward emails sent to your @scorevolunteer.org (SVO) email address to an outside email address was disabled.
The decision to stop auto-forwarding wasn't taken lightly or without much consideration. We know change is difficult, but this is one of those changes we need to work through together and, as leaders, encourage our volunteers to be patient as they adjust to the new SCORE email.
There are several reasons why this decision was made.
- We need to protect SCORE's brand. We cannot protect our brand with volunteers using various emails with any number of name combinations.
- This email will also integrate with Engage and will be used to access all SCORE systems. All notifications will be sent to, and all client correspondence will be sent from, the volunteer's @scorevolunteer.org email address in Engage.
- One of the greatest reasons though is to improve the data security for all of SCORE. We don't want emails containing client information to be automatically forwarded outside the system - without controls and without discernment.
We understand it is more convenient to forward emails to a personal email, and we are sorry for the inconvenience. Our Support team is ready to help you figure out the best ways to use your SVO email so that it is as convenient as possible. Contact the Support team by emailing
There are also several training materials available on the
related to the SVO email accounts. These articles cover various topics including the steps to access your email easily through Outlook, Apple Mail and Gmail from your phone, tablet or laptop. These materials can be found
Megaphone of Main Street: Startups
The fourth edition of the Megaphone of Main Street: Startups has been released. Please share in your newsletters, social media, etc. The report is designed to be media and public-facing, using original survey data to position SCORE as a thought leader in the small business landscape. Data is divided into three sections:
- Part 1 - Finding Your Way, Finding Customers (infographic released 9/12)
- Part 2- Finding Financing (infographic to be released 9/24)
- Part 3- Finding the Right Team - Staffing/Labor Challenges (infographic to be released 10/8)
Link to full report:
Link to the first infographic:
Introducing the SCORE Startup Roadmap™
We are proud to announce the SCORE Startup Roadmap, a new tool that will be available to clients in January 2020. The goal of the roadmap is to:
- Offer a distinct set of steps to bring structure to an ongoing mentor / mentee relationship through the startup phase of business.
- Set expectations for the mentoring relationship in advance for both the mentor and the mentee.
- Provide clients with concrete, practical, actionable tasks they can complete before the next session.
- Bring consistency to the startup mentoring process while providing opportunities for mentors to create a more personalized experience.
In addition to the client-facing roadmap, we've also created a mentor guide to help you understand how to best use the guide with clients.
Use these links to access both guides:
Accounting Deadlines - FY19
for the remainder of FY19 are listed below. Please forward and discuss with your chapter Chairs and Treasurers.
Wednesday, October 9, 2019
- Last day for accepting FY19 Form 14's from volunteers or invoices to be paid out of FY19 SBA Grant funds.
Friday, October 11, 2019
- FY19 Form 3's due to District Directors for chapters not yet transitioned.
Friday, October 18, 2019
- FY19 Form 3's due to SCORE HQ.
New VolunteerMatch Accounts for Chapters
To help recruit new
a new, premium
account for each
Each account has been
created with an ad to
Before sharing access,
our staff is updating each
with two additional volunteer
and chapter support
adding logos, stock images,
and recruiting videos
in English and
to help with any new
may choose to
create. All accounts
will be available by December 31.
The VolunteerMatch login information
will be sent
to chapter chairs as the
initial setup is completed.
listed as the admin email
on every account.
To use the account, the chapter
verify that email address
the link in the verification email sent to
If your chapter already
account and you
use the new premium
you on the transition.
SCORE HQ Leadership Team
Acting VP of Field Ops
VP of Technology
VP of External Relations
VP of Finance
VP of Marketing