“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Dear SCS Community,
We continue to pray for the safety and well-being of our students, faculty, parents, and our world. These are uncertain times for all of us, and we understand that lives will be disrupted in so many ways over the coming weeks. Be assured that we have an incredibly dedicated faculty and staff who even over spring break are working on plans to transition us to remote learning on March 30.
Although our campus will be closed, learning will continue!
As we look to the coming days, we wanted to make you aware of some important updates:
- The SCS campus will be closed to parents and students until at least April 15. We will continue to monitor phones and emails during normal business hours with much of our faculty and staff working remotely. In addition, we have added a new feature to the SCS website which will allow for instant messaging during business hours. If you need immediate assistance you can access "chat with us" on the lower right side of the homepage for help.
- Parents will be able to pick up instructional materials prepared by teachers on Friday, March 27 between 8am-9am or 2pm-3pm. Materials will be distributed using the car line at the front of the Bahia Vista entrance. For the health and safety of all, please enter the car line from Bahia Vista Street and remain in your vehicle until you are assisted. Staff will provide you with the materials your student needs for the coming week. If you or anyone in your household is not feeling well, please do not pick up materials in person, rather contact your principal to make another arrangement for delivery of materials.
- High school students who need to pick up items from their lockers can access them during the car line hours of 8am-9am or 2pm-3pm on March 27. This will be the only time that students will be able to access lockers until campus re-opens. Students should park in the front shell lot and access the lockers from the west side of the main building.
- All parents and students will receive instructions on how to access remote learning by the end of the day next Tuesday, March 24. In addition, parents can expect to receive a call from their child's teacher next week.
- As a reminder, your student must have both a reliable internet connection as well a technological device (such as a laptop or desktop computer) in order to access daily lessons. Students in Pre-K-2nd grades may access remote learning with an iPad. Note that a smartphone is not an acceptable device for remote learning. If your student does not have access to these two things, please contact Mrs. Jensen by Wednesday, March 25 so that she can help make arrangements for your student.
Thank you for your support of SCS as we transition into an exceptional, Christ-centered, remote campus.
Head of School