Johnson Campus Reminders:
Johnson Campus Quick Reference Directory | Click Here
Who is returning to campus:
- 3rd - 10thth graders
- All students who have opted for in-person learning will return to campus on Feb. 22.
WEDNESDAYS REMAIN VIRTUAL FOR ALL STUDENTS.
REMINDERS and UPDATES FOR THE RETURN TO IN-PERSON LEARNING:
- Due to health/safety concerns, there is no lost-and-found this year.
- Please make sure all of your child’s belongings are well marked with their name in permanent marker.
- Any items found in common areas (playground, restrooms, hallways) without a student name clearly marked will be bagged and donated daily.
- Items of value (cell phones, wallets, eyeglasses, etc) will be kept in the main office, please call with a description if your child lost an item of value.
Due to Covid19 safety measures, only parents with an appointment will be admitted to come on campus. Please email Office Manager Sarah Franz, email@example.com to coordinate any further materials pickups or general questions.
- Students attend in-person classes 4 days a week - Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Wednesdays are virtual learning days.
- Students must bring a full water bottle to school each morning - it can be refilled during the day at water filling stations around school but drinking fountains will be closed
- Everyone 2 years and older must wear a mask at carpool or walk up (including others in the car who will not be getting out)
- Students should bring an extra mask to school daily, in a sanitary case or ziplock bag, in the highly likely event the mask gets wet or dirty.
- Ensure student masks are well fitted and follow the following guidelines:
Students are required to wear masks, with the exception of lunch. Parents/Guardians are encouraged to choose a mask that their student likes/fits in preparation of daily wearing. Please make sure that your child’s name is on his or her mask. Please wash masks daily
- Staff are required to wear masks.
- Neck gaiters are not acceptable face coverings.
- Pick-up between 3:30 - 4:00 PM.
For maps and instructions visit: https://www.lfno.org/transportation/
PikMyKid - If you haven’t yet registered, please do so by downloading the PikMyKid app. Once you have done so, it will ask for some quick information to connect you to our school. If you have any problems, please contact either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. If you need some extra information about setting up your PikMyKid app and the PikMyKid features, such as announcing your arrival and making short term changes to your pickup mode, please see this tutorial for parents.
Independent walkers - For students in grades 3-7 please complete this form and send it to Office Manager Sarah Franz (firstname.lastname@example.org) for your child to be added to the independent walker’s list. This will allow your child to be dismissed without an adult present by ~ 3:30 daily.
Students in 8th-10th grades are automatically allowed to leave as independent walkers without a parent form on record. If 8th-10th graders go home via carpool or bus, they will remain in their classroom until their name and/or mode of transportation is posted on the PikMyKid screen.
Grades 3-5 independent walkers are dismissed from the Monroe Street door closest to Cohn Street. Parent walkups for grades 3 -5 are picked up via the middle doors to the motricity room on Monroe Street.
Grades 6-7 are dismissed through the Monroe Street iron gate closest to Hickory Street.
Grades 8 - 10 are dismissed through the side playground gate on Cohn street.
Carpool - Carpool begins at 3:40 PM at the back playground gate on Eagle Street. Please make sure to have your pikmykid app set to “announce” and also have your placard with your child’s name, homeroom teacher, and Pikmykid ID number. If you need a replacement placard, please email email@example.com as soon as possible.
GENERAL INFORMATION: BOTH CAMPUSES
- Term 3 begins on Monday. February 22 after Mardi Gras break.
School Calendar | Click Here
- Bus transportation will continue normally.
New bus requests will continue as previously communicated and as posted on www.LFNO.org.
- We will also continue to use PikMyKid for walk up and carpool pickups.
After checking the website, if you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meals for all students will remain free until June 2021.
- No sign up needed. Teachers ask in-person students each morning if they would like breakfast and lunch.