It’s a new program year at UUFS and we are excited about the possibilities that await us this fall. Here are just SOME of the things you can look forward to in September and beyond.
1. We have a NEW Ministerial Intern, who will be with us once a month. For more information about Randy Blasch, see my introduction. RANDY BLASCH INTRODUCTION from Rev. Jane
2. Although not NEW – we are pleased that Seminarian Clint Tawes has been RENEWED again this year to share with us on 1st Sundays.
3. We have NEW Fellowship Circles that will begin meeting this month. If you haven’t received an invitation to one – and want to participate – let me know and I’ll try to facilitate that.
4. Beginning Sunday, September 10, at 10:30, I will be sharing a series of sermons entitled “Lessons from Banned Books.” We will kick-off that series with a “Brief History of Book Bannings and Burnings.” This Is an OLD story – but one that needs our time and attention at this point in history when many state legislatures have passed laws that have led to increases in bans in books and curriculum.
5. Related to the series on Banned Books, we are also working on a new little library of Banned Books to be placed on our property for the community. Thank you, Al Hackle, for facilitating the donation from the Statesboro Herald of a paper box to be repurposed for this and to Abby and Mason Thompson for picking it up and delivering it in Mason’s truck. Also, we thank our talented member, Erin McFerrin, for repainting it for this purpose.
6. Our new stewardship team is planning a wonderful campaign focusing on Generosity. The Kickoff will be on September 24 and will feature a sermon by our NEW ministerial intern, Randy Blasch. I will also be sharing a testimony and leading this service. We want our stewardship to focus on everyone participating at a level that is right for them. And we will have fun in the process. Look for more information coming from the stewardship team later this month.
7. Our NEW Choir is “up and running” and needs more folks to join us! See choir director and NEW member Mortimer MacArthur for more information.
Please take the time to read through this entire newsletter for more information about all these new and ongoing activities.
Peace, Love, and Joy!