Thank you for your patience and flexibility during these uncertain and challenging times.
- In-person and hybrid classes are temporarily postponed and will convert to online instruction on Monday, April 6, 2020.
- If you are currently enrolled in any in-person/hybrid courses, your instructor(s) will be contacting you with further instructions.
- To make it easier for you to stay connected and access your online/hybrid classes, see our list of internet/WiFi solutions and learn from extensive tutorial guides provided on the Canvas student homepage
- Current online classes will continue as scheduled.
- College student support services are only available remotely or virtually.
Continue to check your email regularly, your instructors will provide you with information on how your classes will be conducted and how you will access your assignments/exams.
If you are experiencing concerns about your health and well being, food or housing insecurity, financial stress, or anxiety -- you are not alone! We are available to help.
You will find two documents attached here, that you can print out for easy reference.
We are adding more resources on a regular basis to assist you in meeting your individual needs. Please reference the
Basic Needs Assistance
website for more information during these difficult times.
The staff and faculty at South Mountain Community College are diligently working to
continue to provide high-quality learning experiences and support for you as you continue your academic journey. We are able to assist you virtually (e.g., online, phone, email, etc.). You can access the majority of
, and connect with staff for additional
. You may also reference South Mountain Community College's
There is also a
directory of faculty, staff and departments
on SMCC's website.
Dr. Shari Olson
South Mountain Community College
Maricopa Community Colleges
Be careful. Take the proper precautions. Stay healthy.