Hybrid-cloud, public cloud, cloud continuity, and cloud vendor lock-in are common industry terms. As business leaders and technologist, we understand the complexity of migrations including:
- Foreseen benefits like pace of deployment, pace of innovation, and reduced infrastructure management
- Risks associated with technology change, application performance and system stability
- Unrealized promises based on ambitious goals, leadership over-promising or the spread of misinformation
- Budget challenges like P&L cloud autonomy, cost management, and justifying exponential increases in operating expenses
- Building the spend discipline to afford the migration thereafter
Learn about real-world cloud migration stories that exhibited the above complexities. Learn how to manage false expectations, define a business case for cloud migrations and set upfront expectations that support your role in the organization. Join us as Steve Talt, Senior Director Systems at Getty Images, shares his experiences, successes and reflections of their journey to the cloud.