Dear Senior Kindergarten Families,
We are excited to welcome you and your child to the senior kindergarten program. Please review the information below which includes the group your child will attend for the first two days of our gradual entry process. This process is based on sound educational practice and helps students build a trusting relationship with their teacher from the onset. Gradual entry is vital to create a positive transition for each child and will set them up for a successful year. We thank you in advance for your support.
During gradual entry, your child will have the opportunity to:
- Have focused time to connect with their senior kindergarten teacher and classmates;
- Adjust to their new school, teacher and classmates in a smaller group and for a shorter amount of time;
- Familiarize themselves with the classroom environment, routines, procedures and expectations;
- Grow increasingly comfortable with the physical classroom setting;
- Feel like a valued member of the VTT community from the very first day of school.
Our teachers will have the opportunity to:
- Connect with each and every student in a smaller, more intimate educational setting;
- Learn about each student's interests;
- Observe students' readiness levels;
- Gain an understanding of each student's learning style.
This year gradual entry has been shortened owing to the early arrival of the Jewish High Holy Days. We only have two gradual entry groups this year and they have been divided alphabetically by last name.
Group 1: Last name beginning with A - L
Group 2: Last name beginning with M - Z
SENIOR KINDERGARTEN GRADUAL ENTRY SCHEDULE
Monday, Sep 13th (1st day of school)
Group 1 - 8:20am - 11:30 (send snacks)
Group 2 - 12:30pm - 3:20pm (send snacks)
Tuesday, Sep 14th
Groups 1 & 2 (all students) - 8:20am - 1:20 pm (send snacks and lunch)
Friday, Sep 17th
All students attend for the full day - 8:20 a.m. - 3:20 p.m.
Thank you for being an active participant in your child's learning journey! We are looking forward to meeting you and beginning a happy and fulfilling year with your child. If you have any questions or concerns, please be in touch.