Our 6-8th grade students may select from the above JK-8th grade menu in addition to this one:
Taher's monthly publication
Healthy to a "T"
is available to read by
Parent Teacher Student
Thank you for sending in your form by today. Your form will be returned to you by Thursday, October 4 indicating the time of your conference(s).
Trinity vs. St. X Money War
Thank you to all students and staff who participated in our spirit wear today.
We have a winner!
St. Xavier fans brought in $718.50 and Trinity fans contributed $530.50. A total of $1,249.00 will be donated
to support a needy family, or families, in our SMM community. They will choose a recipient at a later date.
Tuesday, October 23
Help us Spread the Word!
School Tours available at:
All tours begin at the
Wednesday, October 10
12:30 - 6:00 pm
Students who recruit at least one donor will receive a recognition gift.
Student Assignment Notebooks
Do you love SMM? Would your business be interested in sponsoring our free assignment notebooks used for grades 6-8? We need a few more people to help out, and it's a good way to advertise your business!
Math Mania Classes
Math Mania for students in 1st, 2nd, and 5th grades will begin starting in October.
Click here to see the complete listing of all after school activities,
You can also access the information on our school website under the Student Academic tab, then Afterschool Enrichment.
Congratulations to the 7th grade students who qualified for the Duke University Talent Identification Program. Qualification is based on standardized test scores from the Terra Nova or InView.
to view the list of this year's qualifying students.
SMM alum, as he continues his fight against cancer.
Mike Ayer, dad of Max (3S), Sophie (6Z), and Abby (8C) Ayer.
KM Instructional Assistant,
and her family.
SMM Cafeteria Cook.
, former route #6 bus driver, as he fights cancer.
Jennifer and Max Albright.
Please join us in
Bryce Floyd, 1D, and his family on the passing of his Maternal great grandmother.
Honor Thy Children
to read the September 2018 Honor Thy Children newsletter published by the Archdiocese.
Please be on the lookout for communication from
the teachers next week regarding joining their "classes"
in Remind. You will receive instructions and class codes from them.
Blessing of the Animals
Feast of St. Francis of Assisi
Thursday, October 4
In order that our student dismissal runs smoothly that day, please abide by the following:
Anyone bringing an animal to be blessed is asked to park in the church parking lot, NOT in the regular carpool line.
- Please let your child's teacher know that he/she will need to be dismissed at 2:15 pm on that day so that they can attend the Blessing. You can send a note or e-mail to the homeroom teacher letting them know that your child will have a pet participating in the Blessing.
- If you have a dog to be blessed, you will need to gather on the end of the football field closest to the church.
- If you have a cat to be blessed, you will need to gather on the end of the football field closest to the PAC.
- All the other animals will need to gather in the middle of the football field.
- Immediately following the Blessing, you and your child/children are dismissed and should proceed to your cars.
- All those students not participating in the Blessing will be dismissed at 2:45 pm
Thanks in advance for your attention to this request! We hope to see you and your pet there.
Monday, October 8 - Thursday, October 11
Student Preview dates:
Monday, October 1- Friday, October 5
Student Shopping dates:
Monday, October 8 - Conferences Wednesday, October 10 & Thursday, October 11
You can also shop online at scholastic.com/fair. Search our school zip code, 40222, and click on St. Margaret Mary. Feel free to share this link with grandparents and extended family to shop for Christmas gifts.
All classes will have a chance to visit the book fair and make purchases during their normally scheduled library time. Please help your student be a responsible consumer and teach them how to be prepared for making a purchase with money. We request that all students who bring money to school for the book fair, bring an envelope labeled with their name, homeroom, amount of money and the words "Book Fair". We will accept cash and checks only during school days. At conferences, we will also accept credit/debit cards.
We look forward to seeing you at the book fair!
Library Help Needed
Thank you for your interest in supporting your child's school library program. With your help, we can make sure your child has a great experience in the SMM Library. Please consider spending an hour or two of your time each week to help out. Please click here to volunteer for October through December.
- Kick Off Pep Rally with the students this afternoon!
- We are excited to announce we have a new Partner in Boosterthon (funrun.com)
- Theme this year is Mind Spark Mystery Lab which has a STEM based focus (lots of fun and interaction for kids)
- The Mustang Mile - we will still be walking a mile around the neighborhood, but this will be equivalent to 30-35 laps!
- Log on to funrun.com to register your kids before 10:00 p.m. on Sunday and your child(ren) will receive a prize on Monday at school.
- School Goals =
- $35,000 = Free Dress Mondays thru Dec 17
- $45,000 = Free Dress Mondays thru Jan 28
- $55,000 = Father Bill and Mrs. Sims get slimed at the finish line at Mustang Mile
We are in need of your help! Please
to volunteer via the sign-up genius for the day of the walk.
Friday, October 26
he Fall Festival Decoration Committee is looking for Halloween decorations new or gently used. If you have any that you would like to donate, please email Whitney Thompson
or Susan Vlahos
and we will arrange pick up.
Lots of planning is going on behind-the-scenes to make this our best ever. If you have questions before our big event on October 26th, contact Event Chair Natalie Younger at
A special thank you goes out to our friends at Oxmoor Auto Group for their support of this year's Fall Festival.
Online Ordering Available
No minimum amount required to order.
Margaret Mary tab on the right to see the all new collection of Athletics Spirit Wear for the 2018-19 year.
Louisville Sporting Goods also offers customized spirit wear.
Call LSG if you don't see what you want, and they will work with you to create your custom SMM spirit wear.
Email Chris Schneidtmiller or Warren Wright with any questions.
Come join us as start our season of SMM Archery!
Fun, Games and treats!!
Sunday October 7
You are welcome to come see what Archery is all about or get your season started.
Regular practices will begin Monday, October 15 and will be on Mondays through the winter; times will be flexible.