The COVID-19 pandemic is challenging us more than ever to secure the funding Esperanza counts on every year. With people out of work, investment values dropping and businesses closing, the agency expects a significant drop in donations. We also anticipate state funding cuts because of the negative impact COVID-19 is having on the economy –including the dramatic drop in the prices of oil and gas.
In the meanwhile, the development staff has been working furiously to secure funding to get the agency through this crisis. “Even though we are unable to visit face-to-face with our donors, we are still using our time to contact them,” said
, Esperanza’s development director. “I’m finding that our donors are eager to connect with us and continue supporting our mission to the best of their ability. They know our services are crucial to our community’s well-being.”
If you want to help Esperanza Shelter, there are several options:
- Participate in the May 5th Giving Tuesday event. Go to our Facebook page. A generous donor has issued a matching challenge that will be announced on that day! Share this information on your FB page.
- Donate through the Spring Appeal—you will see it in your email soon.
- Text to donate: The number is 44-321 and the message is WEAREHOPE.
- Talk to your financial planner about including Esperanza in your will.
- Call Development Director Marcos Zubia with any questions or to discuss a charitable contribution. His number is 505.690.3633. His email is email@example.com.
Please note that we are unable to accept in-kind donations such as clothing right now. This is because of the pandemic and we will look forward to receiving your in-kind donations as soon as it is safe to open up the Support Center again.