Dear SOFIA Community members,
We look forward to seeing many of you at the 235th American Astronomical Society (AAS) meeting this week in Honolulu, Hawaii. The following events will feature SOFIA research:
- Splinter Session: "Exploring the Infrared Universe." Sunday, Jan. 5, 2:00 - 3:30 pm (room 323C). Talks by Klaus Pontoppidan (STSci), Emily Levesque (UWash), Matt Hankins (Caltech), Enrique Lopez Rodriguez (SOFIA), Darek Lis (JPL).
- Followed by a panel discussion with Hal Yorke (SOFIA//USRA), Chat Hull (ALMA), Stefanie Milam (NASA Goddard) and Ted Bergin (U Mich).
- Splinter Session: "IR Science Interest Group." Tuesday, 9:30 - 11:30 pm, Room 304AB. Talks by P. Korngut (SPHEREx), P. Goldsmith (ASTHROS), T. Kataria (Origins), Hal Yorke (SOFIA), M. Bradford (SPICA).
- Oral session: "Molecular Clouds, HII Regions, Interstellar Medium with SOFIA." Tuesday, Jan. 7, 2:00 - 3:30 pm (room 324).
- SOFIA Town Hall. Tuesday, Jan. 7, 7:00–8:00 pm (session 384, room 313B). NASA Astrophysics Division Director, Paul Hertz, will provide brief opening remarks. Light food and refreshments will be offered.
- Plenary Lecture "The Future of Infrared Astronomy in the Context of Spitzer, SOFIA, and JWST." Wednesday, Jan. 8, 11:40 am - 12:30 pm (ballroom AB) by Peter Eisenhardt (NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory) and James De Buizer (SOFIA)
- Hyperwall Presentations at the NASA booth:
- SOFIA’s View of Galactic Evolution (Sunday, Jan. 5, at 12:30 pm)
- SOFIA’s View of Galactic Centers (Tuesday, Jan. 7, at 5 pm)
Details about these events and more than 25 contributed Posters, iPosters and oral presentations are available on our
Find us in the
exhibit hall, booth #416
, near the AAS Resource Center, throughout the meeting. There you can talk with our team, see science posters, and pick up the latest edition of our printed newsletter.
The SOFIA Science Center