SOMB Adult & Juvenile Standards
Update June 19, 2020
This is an update regarding the Colorado Sex Offender Management Board’s work on the
Standards and Guidelines for the Assessment, Evaluation, Treatment and Behavioral Monitoring of Adult Sex Offenders and the
Assessment, Treatment and Supervision of Juveniles Who Have Committed Sexual Offenses
Included in this bulletin regarding the Adult and Juvenile Standards and Guidelines:
- Ratifications Approved by the Board
- Solicitation for Public Comment
- Board Meeting Agenda Items
- Any other changes made or updates
RECENT RATIFICATIONS BY THE BOARD:
On June 19, 2020, the Board did not ratify, or finalize any revisions to the Adult or Juvenile Standards.
SOLICITATION FOR PUBLIC COMMENT:
On June 19,2020, the Board made no approvals which required Public Comment.
JUNE BOARD MEETING AGENDA ITEMS:
- Presentations by the SOMB Victim Advocacy Committee and the SOMB Communication Strategic Work Group.
- Presentation of the SOMB Data Collection System Updates.
- Application Review Committee Membership Bylaws.
Should you have questions regarding any of these agenda items, please contact the SOMB Staff listed below.
OTHER CHANGES OR UPDATES:
- The ARC is working on revisions to Section 4 for Polygraph Examiners and updating Provider Applications.
- Staff are providing regular updates regarding COVID 19 and the Variance Process. The Discretionary Period for the Variance ends on July 1, 2020. Providers will have until August 31, 2020 to transition back to providing services per the Standards or submit a request for an extension. Further guidance will be provided as the situation evolves.
********IMPORTANT REMINDER TO ALL APPROVED PROVIDERS*******
Renewal reminder letters were sent to providers. Please review your database listing expiration date and contact the Standards Coordinators with any questions. Provider reapplications (Application 3) are currently being updated.
As you review this updated information and questions arise, please do not hesitate to contact a Standards Coordinator via email or telephone.
Please let us know if you have any questions.
Erin Austin Raechel Alderete
Adult Standards Coordinator Juvenile Standards Coordinator