This is an update regarding the Colorado Sex Offender Management Board’s work on the Standards and Guidelines for the Assessment, Evaluation, Treatment and Behavioral Monitoring of Adult Sex Offenders and the Assessment, Treatment and Supervision of Juveniles Who Have Committed Sexual Offenses.
Included in this bulletin regarding the Adult and Juvenile Standards and Guidelines:
1. Ratifications Approved by the Board
2. Solicitation for Public Comment
3. Board Meeting Agenda Items
4. Any other changes or important updates
RECENT APPROVAL BY THE BOARD:
On September 18, 2020, the Board approved a formal charter for all Sex Offender Management Board Committees. The Charters will be completed by each committee chair and presented to the Board.
SOLICITATION FOR PUBLIC COMMENT:
On September 18, 2020, there were no request for public comment.
SEPTEMBER BOARD MEETING AGENDA ITEMS:
- Jenna Harper with CCASA presented on behalf of the Victim Advocacy Committee on the Impact of Sexual Assault on Survivors/Victims in Acknowledgement of Sexual Assault Awareness Month (Deferred from April 2020 due to COVID 19)
- Ersaleen Hope and Shelley Siman, Staff from DCJ-EPIC provided a presentation to the Board on Implicit Bias.
- The SOMB Discussed New Member Orientation for new Board Members.
- SOMB Audit Compliance: Staff presented several new Standard Operating Procedures which have been created in response to the recent Audit.
Should you have questions regarding any of these agenda items, please contact the SOMB Staff listed below.
OTHER CHANGES OR IMPORTANT UPDATES:
- The Title of Section 5.7 will be updated.
Previously the board ratified the Standards to remove the term “At Risk Adults” and replaced it with “Vulnerable Adult Populations”. The title of Section 5.7 will be modified to reflect that change to “5.7: Contact with Victims, Children and Vulnerable Adult Populations”.
***CORRECTED INFORMATION & Deadline Extended!!! ***
BECOME A MEMBER OF THE APPLICATION REVIEW COMMITTEE (ARC) TODAY!
- Would you like to be involved in the work of the SOMB? The Sex Offender Management Board (SOMB) and the Application Review Committee (ARC) are seeking nominations for the following positions:
Juvenile Evaluator OR Treatment Provider
Adult OR Juvenile Developmental/Intellectual Disability Treatment Provider OR Evaluator
Members of the ARC serve two‐year terms, can be reappointed for up to two consecutive terms. Members of the ARC meet twice monthly, for 3 hours.
All eligible nominees are encouraged to apply. Applications are due by OCTOBER 9, 2020. Please download the nomination form to your computer & email the completed nomination form and attachments to Erin Austin email@example.com or Raechel Alderete firstname.lastname@example.org
- Training Opportunity: Introduction to the Adult Standards Trainings are now available on the SOMB Website: SOMB Training Events.
- Currently available: Introduction and Guiding Principles, Definitions, Section 1 & Section 2, and Section 3. All Sections of the Adult Standards will be available by January 2021. Stay tuned for information regarding the Juvenile Standards.
- The Next SOMB Provider LUNCH AND LEARN is scheduled for October 8, 2020.
Teletherapy Variance: Extended until JANUARY 1, 2020 – STAY TUNED FOR MORE INFORMATION! No Requirement for Additional Variance request at this time!
Please ensure you are using the updated applications (June/July 2020) when applying for move up, add on or renewal.
As you review this updated information and questions arise, please do not hesitate to contact a Standards Coordinator via email or telephone.
Please let us know if you have any questions.
Erin Austin Raechel Alderete
Adult Standards Coordinator Juvenile Standards Coordinator