An initial list of "CREATIVE AND PRACTICAL WAYS" is below and we ask neighbors to assign priority to the list below. E-mail your highest priorities (i.e. 1A, and 2C) or suggestions you might have to
1. STUDENT RESIDENTS IN CONTIGUOUS NEIGHBORHOODS
A. ___ Special literature given to incoming students about "Off-site" living in neighborhoods including behavior expectations, and consequences for infractions, etc. Make sure that literature is available in hard copy for Neighborhood Assn's to pass out.
B. ___ Have student reps for each contiguous neighborhood serve on the UA student government. The representatives contact information is shared with contiguous neighborhoods. There could also be anoption for the student rep to serve on neighborhood boards.
C. ___ Continue to maintain and promote the CCRC, to ensure Neighborhood Assns. are able to contact the UA president's representative regarding concerns.
2. UA NETWORKING/COMMUNICATION WITH ASSNS/NEIGHBORHOODS
A. ____Have neighborhood projects available to professors as student projects, i.e.
- Graduate Class Landscape architecture projects as in the 2018 grad class plans were used with city to promote the Grant Road Linear parkway in Jefferson Park.
- Civil Engineering student results of assignments i.e. traffic counts etc on bike routes, traffic research assignments which might relate to traffic patterns surrounding the UA. Impact of Speedway traffic on Mountain as a result of the Honor's Dorm. Effect of the left turn arrow on Mountain etc.
- Oral History projects within neighborhoods
- Graphic arts classes to assist with neighborhood design of brochures, etc.
B. ____ Establish a permanent section in the "Wildcat" that addresses off-campus living to include interesting facts and history of neighborhoods as well as issues of behavior.
C. ____Publish IN HARD COPY brochures that clearly states the expectations of the UA as relates to Red Tags and their consequences. These brochures will be made available to the neighborhoods for distribution.
D. ___ UA website includes visuals of the contiguous neighborhoods and links for purchasing homes in those neighborhoods. This made available to new hires.
E. ___ Banner website to include visuals of the contiguous neighborhoods and links for purchasing homes in those neighborhoods. This made available to new hires.
3. UA AND THE CITY OF TUCSON
A. ____UA should become politically active concerning roadways that are arterials for UA bikers. These generally go through neighborhoods and some of the most highly traveled are not safe. i.e. Park Ave and Grant/Mountain intersection.
4. UA POLICY WHICH IS ADMINISTRATIVE AND ADDRESS VITAL CORE ISSUES (not simple projects)
A. ____The UA president makesany UA development which encroaches upon the contiguous neighborhoods, either physically or by proximity, contingent upon neighborhood input.
B. ____The UA works with neighborhoods to address and remediate infrastructure strain - sewer, roads, traffic, run-off, etc. in surrounding areas when planning for any new building, for example, The Honors Complex.
C. ____ Establish permanent boundaries for the UA and do not change them.