We welcomed the 5th grade back to campus today! We now have students from Preschool-5th grade on campus for in-person instruction. Thank you for your continued partnership in following our protocols for in-person instruction. Alameda County has revamped and updated their guidance on the school reopening process. This Guidance Document includes the most up to date information from the state. Please read the most recent Travel Guidance. You will note that some travel restrictions have been lifted. However, ACPHD recommends against non-essential travel outside the bay area (120 miles). In accordance with this guidance, in the following scenarios, we ask that you quarantine for at least 10 days upon your return:
- travel out of the state or country
- traveled within California, but greater than 120 miles, and spend time with people you normally do not live with
I will host open Office Hours this Friday from 12:00-12:30p.m. to discuss county updates, our reopening process, or any other questions/thoughts you have on your mind. This session is optional and will be an open forum with no set presentation of information. You can join the principal office hours here: Join Zoom Meeting, Meeting ID: 835 6718 7842, Passcode: 485067
Vaccine Update from Alameda County: From the information below, we are hopeful SPN teachers and staff will be vaccinated by the end of May. There is no guidance currently about testing or vaccination of students.
- 325,000 people qualify to be vaccinated in Phase 1b
- 143,500 of these are people over 65 years of age and the top priority
- 60,000 are educators and childcare providers
- Supply is limited and Alameda county expects to get 10,000-15,000 doses per week (other health organizations such as Kaiser, Sutter health and POD’s such as the Oakland Coliseum are not included in this count)
- Preschool-12 in-person teachers are priority 1 after the 65+ year olds
- The process for personnel to receive the vaccine is still being developed
Saint Philip Neri Auction: The biggest SPN fundraiser of the year is March 5th! Space is unlimited as this is a virtual event- so invite your friends and family. You do need to register - see information below. You can order dinner from Asena (kids meals are available too) and don’t forget to order a goodie bag!
Spirit Day on Thursday: This Thursday, February 11th, is our next SLC Spirit day. Wear pink, red, and/or white free dress to celebrate St. Valentine's Day!
School-Wide Service Project: The Building Futures organization was overwhelmed with our donations and extremely grateful. Thank you, SLC, for leading this service project!