2018 Greater Seattle Choral Consortium Youth Choral Education Fund
Three awards (up to $750 each) are available, to be used during 2019. The GSCC will be soliciting for applications three times during the 2018-2019 concert season, and awarding one project for each application session. This is the first application session for the 2018-2019 season.
Preference will be given to choral directors, teachers, and youth leaders who:
• Work with students, families, and institutions with the greatest socio-economic challenges
• Have demonstrated high quality music teaching/leadership
• Work with young people who currently have no or limited access to a choral experience
• Work with elementary or middle school aged singers
• Work in the Puget Sound region
Choral directors, teachers, and youth leaders, please submit the following 3 items by Wednesday, October 31, 2018:
• A one-page proposal letter, describing your singers, teaching situation, and the need for funding
• A short letter of recommendation (can be an email) from an administrator, colleague, or parent regarding the quality of your work with young people
• A proposed budget (itemize how you will spend the money—choral sheet music, accompanist for rehearsals and/or concerts, teacher stipend, venue rental, etc.)
In December of 2019, award recipients will submit: a written summary of how the award funds were spent; a printed concert program (if used); and a photo or short recording (audio/video) of the choir(s) who benefited from the award funds.
All materials are due by Wednesday, October 31, 2018 by email to Greater Seattle Choral Consortium YCEF committee, email@example.com. Please email the committee with questions or for more information.