I The SSSG has a Bursary Fund to assist students in financial need. Applications for assistance are reviewed by a committee that is independent of the school.
- Bursary application forms can be downloaded using the link below.
- Bursary assistance is dependent on the availability of bursary money and on the family's financial need.
- NEW: Bursaries are open to first year students.
- Deadline for bursary application submission is May 29th. Response to request will be made no later than June 30th.
Iris Tryon Memorial Scholarship
Iris Tryon's love for music is the founding reason for the creation of this memorial scholarship in her name. Through this scholarship, may the gift of music, which she shared with each of her students over her lifetime of teaching, continue beyond it.
"Music expresses that which cannot be said, and on which it is impossible to be silent." Victor Hugo
The Iris Tryon Memorial Scholarship is a bursary for full tuition for one school year.
- Students who have been in the school for 5 or more years
- Students who have been in the school for 1 to 4 years
The criteria for each category is as follows:
1. Students who have been in the school for 5 or more years
- Essay written by the student about what their music lessons means to them.
- Letter of recommendation from the teacher.
- Proof of financial need (preceding year income-tax report) and letter from parent explaining the need.
2. Students who have been in the school for 1 to 4 years
Deadline to apply: post mark
Please mail your application to:
Suzuki String School of Guelph