As our world continues to change due to the COVID-19 virus, we are regularly updating how we deliver our programming and developing new partnerships to continue hands-on learning, real world connections to curriculum and family engagement in STEM. Below are highlights of the changes we've made and we encourage our partners to reach out to us with new and innovative ideas.
- All STEM Scale-Up professional development will be virtual until further notice.
- Teacher Externs have been placed at new and returning businesses across the region and many will participate in a virtual/in-person blended model throughout the summer.
- Many summer camp programs have changed including June cancellations, virtual sessions in June and in-person June sessions. The updated list can be found here.
- Our Facebook page catalogs STEM events across the region including virtual STEM Festivals, STEM meet-ups, library programs and more. If you have events to share, send us a Facebook message.
- On the second Tuesday of each month, we will be hosting an #IASTEMChat on Twitter to share best practices in teaching and learning, discuss issues of equity and access and network with STEM educators and businesses. Follow us on Twitter @STEM_SE_Iowa
- The STEM Council has partnered with the Iowa Department of Education, AEA Learning Online, Iowa PBS and the Iowa Reading Research Center to develop a curated list of resources for students, parents and educators. The Teachable Moments can be found on our website. If you have feedback or additional resources, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.