Dear Parents,
I hope you all are well. I know that you all have many questions about the remainder of the school year, and specifically, will our students return to the building before the summer. While we would love to give you those answers now, we simply don't know yet.

Our federal, state, and local leaders are waiting to see how the pandemic peaks and recedes in order to make decisions on how to proceed. We, along with all of you, are following the daily updates and guidance from the Governor and the Ohio Department of Health. We will continue to keep you updated on future decisions as they are made. What we know now is that online learning will continue through Friday, May 1st.

We have also decided to cancel STEMmersion, regardless of when/if we return to face-to-face instruction this year. This decision is based on the fact that it would be almost impossible to deliver the planned experiences given the many restrictive measures to combat COVID-19. The cancellation also includes the overnight trips to Canada and Washington DC. Students signed up for these trips will receive more information from the advisor of each trip. In the fall, we will discuss how this decision will impact student placement for the 2021 STEMmersion. Our priority right now is providing a quality online learning experience for the students. We know that this is a highlight of the year and we are all very disappointed. We appreciate your understanding.
Stay tuned for more updates in the coming weeks. Please remember to provide feedback through the online parent survey by noon on Wednesday (CLICK HERE) . We will be using your input to plan our “Parent Update and Q&A" video session.
We continue to stand with all of you in this trying time. Please reach out if you need anything.
Robin Fisher
Dayton Regional STEM School