Wednesday, July 22
My friends, we often see our Muslim Sisters and Brothers fingering their beads.
What is it that they say at each bead they finger? They praise God with the 99 names of God.
What a beautiful prayer! I know that just as we may admire their prayer they admire our prayer with the Rosary.
They have a deep respect and love for Mary, the mother of Jesus.
Let us continue to learn more about each other and our different faith traditions and our forms of prayer.
The Muslim Divine Names and Attributes for Allah
- Allah, God
- The Benefactor, the Merciful One
- The Compassionate One
- The King
- The Saint, the Holy
- The Peace
- The Believer
- The Watchful one
- The Strong, the Precious One
- The Strongest One
- The Superb, the Supreme
- The Creator
- The Producer of things
- The Organizer, the Former
- The Indulgent One, the Forgiver par excellence
- The Ruler, the Irresistible One
- The Ever-giving Donor, the Generous Donor
- The Dispenser of material and spiritual goods
- The Victorious One, the Judge, the Revealer
- The Knower of everything which is knowable
- The One who has or holds the whole world in his hand
- The Expander of the lives and hearts of his servants
- The One who lowers and humbles
- The One who elevates in dignity, the Lofty One, the Sublime One
- The One who gives honor and strength
- The One who lowers and humiliates
- The Listener
- The One who sees all
- The Judge, the Arbiter
- The Just, the One who is supreme justice
- The Benevolent, the Gracious, the Subtle One
- The Wise One, the Well-Informed, the One who knows the secrets most intimate of His creature
- The Meek One, slow to punish
- The Inaccessible, the Grandiose, the Magnificent One
- The Very Indulgent One, the One who forgives a lot
- The Very Grateful, the Very Appreciative One
- The Very High One, the Excellent One
- The Great, the Most High, the Inaccessible One
- The Watchful Guardian, the Custodian
- The Nourisher, the Sentry
- The Accountant to whom one must give a rendering
- The Majestic, the One worthy of veneration
- The Generous One
- The Jealous Guardian, the One who observes and controls everybody and everything
- The One who receives prayers and grants them
- The Immense One, the One who embraces everything
- The Wise One, the Prudent One
- The Most Lovable One
- The Glorious One
- The Resurrector, the Reviver, the One who will bring back the Day of the Resurrection
- The Witness
- The Reality, the Supreme Truth
- The Manager, the Trustee
- The Strong One
- The Unshakeable One
- The Friend, the Protector, the Helper, the Defender, the Holder of Authority
- The One Worthy of Praise
- The One who understands everything, numbers them and has power over them
- The Innovator
- The One who causes creatures already destroyed to return to life
- The One who causes to live
- The One who causes to die
- The Living One
- The One who exists of himself
- The Opulent One, the Perfect One, the One who lacks nothing nor has any need
- The Noble One, the Lofty One to whom belongs sovereignty and power
- The Number One
- The Impenetrable One, the Unchangeable One, the Eternal One
- The Powerful One
- The Omnipotent
- The One who draws near to whoever desires
- The One who is distant from whoever so desires
- The First
- The Last
- The Manifest
- The Hidden, the Intimate, the Immanent
- The Ruler
- The Most High, the Exalted One in triumph, the Transcendent
- The Beneficent, the One who inspires piety in all hearts and is the source of all favors.
- The One who repents. The One who can go back on his judgment
- The One who is revenged
- The Pardoner, the One who condones
- The One who moves to pity, the Compassionate One
- The Ruler of the Kingdom of the world and of creatures
- The One who has majesty and generosity
- The Just One on the day of judgment, the Equitable
- The One who assembles all
- The Rich One, the One who is independent from everyone and everything
- The One who enriches creatures and beautifies them with every perfection
- The Defender by Title
- The One who can harm
- The One who can be useful
- The Light
- The One who guides on the straight path
- The Creator-Inventor
- The One who remains, the Eternal who endures without end
- The Heir to whom everything returns, that is, possesses all creatures
- The Guider, the One who guides us to the good, the One who leads with justice and guides on the road to goodness
- The Most Patient One
Saturday, July 25, 8:00-10:00am
During this pandemic, Brother Benno’s has been forced to stop its hot breakfast program and go to sack lunches for the needy. Of course this means a different source of food, and they have sent out a request for the following:
Small bags of chips, fruit cups, protein bars, crackers, small juices, Gatorade, and bottled water. They also need hangers, adult diapers, and baby wipes. Finally, they are seeking face masks for the homeless.
Deacon Tom will be in the STM parking lot with his truck, so drive by and drop off your donations. Thank you!
Attention STM Women!
Watch your mail for an invitation to join the STM Women's Guild for the 2020-2021 year or download the membership info
Click on the photo to peruse the types of activities and fundraisers we host, understanding that we will make adjustments as needed.
Hello Faith Formation Families!
We would like to share some information about our Religious Education Program (REACH) for the Fall. Please click on the images above for more details and to request your enrollment packet. Thank you!
Many of us make our contributions when we attend Mass each week. Our Parish still needs our weekly contributions even though we cannot attend Mass, so that we can continue providing services and ministering to you. Please consider giving online, using text-to-give, or mailing in your contributions to STM at 1450 S. Melrose Dr., Oceanside, CA 92056. Thank you!
If you know Parishioners or have family/friends who do not have access to email, please share this information with them. Thank you!
If you or anyone you know needs anything, please contact the Parish Office. We are closed but checking voice mail regularly and will do our best to help. You may also call
2-1-1 for assistance with resources of various types.
The bulletin link is available in every email we send (see golden orange button below. People without email or internet access will be able call the Parish Office and leave a message requesting a bulletin via snail mail each week during this time. Thank you!
Solutions for Change FarmBox
We hope you are doing well during this turbulent time. Many of us have been "thrown for a loop" the past couple of months from COVID-19, but the good news is, we are learning to find a way forward, and slowly but surely, able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. We want you to know that we have a special place in our heart for your church and the people you serve, and we hope everyone is safe, happy, and healthy.
As you may or may not know, our Solutions for Change has a farm! Solutions Farms provides work development training for the formerly homeless families in our program and funds the transformation of these families.
Pre-Covid, we sold our lettuce to local restaurants. Unfortunately, with business shut downs, we lost these accounts, and a valuable source of funding for our program. We needed to get creative, so we quickly pivoted, partnering with local fruit and vegetable farmers to come out with our own CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) Box -
Solutions FarmBox delivers organic fruits and vegetables straight to your front door. The box includes our 100% organic spring mix with local farm fresh veggies and fruit such as avocados, apples, oranges, tomatoes, zucchinis, spinach, strawberries etc.
To continue to serve those in need, we offer this CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) box for purchase on our website, and 100% of the proceeds go towards solving family homeless at Solutions for Change.
If you would like to purchase a box click
If you do not want a box but would like to support Solutions for Change,
You can sign up to receive a notification on your mobile device or computer when new events and news items are posted on the website. Just click ALLOW if your browser asks for permission to notify you. You may also turn notifications on or off using the notification icon in your browser window.
If you click on
below, you will no longer receive emails from St. Thomas More.
If you change your mind, you may re-subscribe by visiting
and clicking on the
Join Our Email List