· Not too sure how the ‘taiwan’ got into that URL but it works.
· Wolfgang Porsche (youngest son of Ferdinand Porsche) will celebrate his 80th birthday on May 10th (a piece of trivia that I am sure that Kim Nelson knows).
Valentine’s Eve Dinner
· This was a great hit. Thanks to Cyndee and Greg Peart.
· I took home half of my lasagna (9 layers thick according to Sally Boeck).
· Good possibility about having this event again next year?
TSD Rally School – Date Change
· This SVR event has been rescheduled to March 12th (was March 19th).
· It is being held at Porsche Fremont (in Fremont of course).
· So far we have 25 cars signed up.
· More than 150 people already signed up for this Premier Porsche Weekend.
· Registration is open until April 15th.
San Simeon Tour
· Mike Willis reports that people have started to sign up for the May tour.
· You will need to make your own hotel reservations and reservations for any tour at Hearst Castle. Check out msreg.com/SANSIMEON ;
Porsches and Pints
· The brainchild of our Vice President, John Leet, the first event will be held on Thursday, March 16th at the Red Bus Brewing Company in Folsom. Be sure and check out the names of their offerings.
· This is a very informal gathering. Just drop in.
· Expect to possibly see some fellow Porsche owners who are not members of our region. Be sure and introduce yourself and invite them to join PCA, Sacramento Valley Region.
· And wear your SVR name badge so know how to recognize you.
· Matt Menning is hosting this event on Saturday, March 25th at Kathrin’s Biergarten in Rocklin (just down the street from Porsche Rocklin).
· Come out for lunch and also participate in the “Show-n-Shine” Corral!
· This event is open to all Porsche owners so be sure and wear your SVR badge so that we know how to recognize you.
· Event starts at 11:15 am and you are on your own for beverages and food.
· This event is coming to the San Francisco Bay Area at the end of April.
· Luftgekuhlt means “air-cooled” and is the gathering for vintage cars with air-cooled engines.
· It has been based in Southern California since its inception.
· This will be the 9th presentation.
· Details are very sketchy right now. Stay tuned.
· Tag Heuer Porsche Formula E Team is leading the series after the 5th race (out of a scheduled 16 events) which ran in Cape Town on February 25th.
· Antonino Felix da Costa finished the Cape Town street circuit course in first place after starting in 13th. This gave Porsche its third victory in the first 5 races. It also moved da Costa up in to 4th place in the overall driver’s championship. The win (along with a 3rd place finish in a previous race) gives him a total of 46 points.
· Porsche Tag Heuer Team driver Pascal Wehrlein is leading the series (even though he did not finish the race in Cape Town due to an accident on the first lap). He has 80 points with the second-place driver (Jake Dennis) having 62 points.
· The next race is being held on a street circuit in Sao Paulo, Brazil on March 25th and can be seen live on the CBS Sports Network.
PCA Spring 2023 Raffle just announced
· 2023 Cayman GT4 RS is the 1st grand prize.
· 2023 Cayman GTS or Boxster GTS is the 2nd grand prize.
· As always, you can enter the PCA Member Only Raffle at pca.org
· A ticket will cost you $50.