The MCHD is seeking a clinical public health social worker for its Keeler facility.

Minimum qualifications: Attainment of a minimum of a bachelor's degree from a recognized college or university in social work in a program accredited by the Council of Social Work Education, and a minimum of one year's experience at the level of a Public Health Social Worker I; or a combination of education and experience equivalent to these requirements.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Must have Bachelor of Social Work or Master of Social Work, be licensed in the state of Alabama, and have public health experience. Must be willing to furnish own automobile and must possess a valid Alabama driver's license. Home visits required.

Youth Villages, a leading non-profit organization dedicated to helping emotionally and behaviorally troubled children and their families, is seeking a federal policy manager for its office in Arlington, Virginia. The position requires a master's degree in law, public policy, or social work, and 10 or more years experience in child welfare or juvenile justice.

  • CED Mental Health Center: Therapist, care coordinator positions

CED Mental Health, which operates in Cherokee, Etowah and DeKalb Counties in Alabama, has therapist positions open.

Apply here. For more information about the positions below, email Teresa Dawson, clinical director for CED.

Positions available

Etowah County:
  • ACT Therapist -- caseload of 26, three-person team, adult in-home services (requires master’s degree)
  • In-Home Intervention Therapist -- caseload of six (Intensive in-home services with children and their families) (requires master’s degree)
  • Outpatient Therapist (requires master’s degree)

DeKalb County:
  • Outpatient Therapist (requires Master’s Degree)

CED Mental Health Center (serving Cherokee, Etowah and DeKalb Counties) Etowah County:
  • Intensive Care Coordinator – Works with children/adolescents, their families and other agencies (bachelor’s degree required)

Indian Rivers Behavioral Health has a variety of open positions throughout its three-county area in the state. Positions include program therapists in the children's services department, direct care in residential settings, and clinicians for adult outpatients.

  • Family Life Center: Assessor

Family Life Center seeks an assessor in the Gadsden area to provide substance abuse psychosocial assessments to individuals who may have substance abuse disorders.

A Master’s degree from a nationally or regionally accredited college or university in psychology, social work, or behavioral health field with equivalent clinical coursework is required. (Experience does not substitute for education)

Must be a team player with excellent time management and organizational skills. Phone calls and walk-in applications WILL NOT be accepted. Please email letters of interest and resume to
  • Al’s Pals: Grad student site supervisor

The Al's Pals mentorship program is seeking a currently enrolled graduate student to supervises UA mentors and student leaders at a Tuscaloosa City or County elementary school site, while assisting the Al's Pals Coordinator with leadership development for students participating in the Al's Pals program.

The Al's Pals site supervisor works closely with the coordinator of Al's Pals and the student team leaders in the daily running of the program at the elementary school sites that Al's Pals serves. The Site Supervisor will work 2 days a week from 2:30-5:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday at a site to ensure that attendance and incident reports are taken correctly, monitor classes at the location, serve as a liaison for Al's Pals with the community partner or school representative on site.

The position pays $10 an hour. For more information, contact Allison Espey, coordinator for Al's Pals, at 205-348-9934 or at
  • Boys and Girls Club: Youth development

The Boys & Girls Clubs of West Alabama is currently hiring for its Summer Youth Development Specialist positions. Undergraduate students are encouraged to apply
For more information, contact LaCharles Green, director of programs and mentoring, at, or visit
  • The Bridge: Therapist positions

The Bridge, a treatment facility for substance use disorder and behavioral rehabilitation for adolescents, has four job openings:
Recovery Aid – Residential Program (Northwood) in Gadsden
Support clients throughout the daily schedule of activities including meals, education, recreation, group time, and sleeping hours. Consult and collaborate with clinical and medical staff. More info
Therapist – Adult Outpatient Program in Fort Payne
The therapist (QSAP1) will provide treatment services, including substance abuse treatment, to clients and their families, consistent with the training, experience, and scope of practice established by their respective discipline and Alabama law. More info
Outpatient Therapist (QSAP I)- DeKalb/Cherokee/Etowah/Calhoun Counties
The Outpatient Therapist is responsible for the delivery of substance abuse/co-occurring and early intervention treatment services to assigned clients at the designated school location, clients home, other appropriate community setting, or office. More info
  • Case managers, clinicians: Mental Health Center of North Alabama

The Mental Health Center of North Alabama has several positions open for adult clinicians, in-home therapists, in-school therapists and case managers.

MHCNA currently has 19 positions open in four different counties across North Central Alabama.

Visit the MHCNA jobs board for more info.