Dear Parents and Guardians,
Happy New Year and welcome back! I hope everyone had a festive holiday break and welcomed in 2019 with a smile.
2019 is an exciting year with new SWAN developments:
- Coming this Fall - SWAN Pre-Kindergarten Class! 18 children will enroll in our accelerated curriculum of Literacy, Math and Chinese Mandarin. We welcome current SWAN and non-SWAN parents to join the information session on 1/25 and 2/1, scroll down to sign-up.
- Brand New Assessment Scale for After-School. Starting March, 2019, we will no longer use tests and exams to assess the children's performance. Instead, an inventory of vocabularies, phrases and usage of vocabularies will be used. More information will be available in the March Parents-Teacher Conference.
- Winter/Spring Parents Workshop Series - this Health Series will include discussions of children's allergies and bullying. Look for our registration email in the next few weeks.
- Summer Program Registration will begin in late February for current after-school and non-SWAN parents with children ages 4 and up. Summer Program Date: 7/8 ~ 8/16 at NEST+M.
- Lunar New Year Performance Dinner - After having more than 400 participants at last year's celebration, we are moving to an even BIGGER venue this year. Don't miss the early bird ticket(s). More information below.
Everyday, I come to work knowing the staff and I are doing meaningful work by developing a new generation of global citizens. It is absolutely amazing to see our children naturally using both English and Chinese Mandarin. And, to go beyond the language, seeing the children embracing Western and Eastern culture is an honest testament of SWAN's mission. Your support gives us the additional resources we need in our classrooms.
We have not reached our fundraising goal of $25,000, but we believe we will with everyone's support. It is never too late to contribute.
Last but not the least, has everyone visited the
SWAN's Facebook page
? We are not shy to share special learning moments and/or memories of SWAN's teaching.
I wish everyone a great 2019!
Fu Mei Cheung