Holiday lights, ornaments, decorations, fake trees, garland! What better way to show our excitement about the upcoming holiday season than to decorate? Before we start
Decking the halls
” with our holiday cheer, it is important to take a moment to remember a few important safety regulations.
- Elctrical cords must never go through doorways.
- Holiday decorations must be temporary only and must be removed once the holiday has passed.
- Do not completely cover doorways, as exits must be identifiable at all times.
- Follow the instructions on lighting strings and fixtures including the maximum number of lighting sections that can be connected together.
- Extension cords must be temporary only and should be unplugged at the end of each class period/school day.
- Power strips must be plugged into a wall outlet.
- NEVER plug power strips and extension cords together. This is known as “daisy chaining” and is a fire hazard.
By following these rules, you can help your school stay
at the same time!