SYNNEX To Acquire Minacs
- Enterprise Value $420 million
- EV/Revenue ≈1.05x
- EPS (non-GAAP) $0.53
- SYNNEX Corporation (NYSE: SNX) announced Monday that it will acquire Minacs, a leading global outsourcing business solutions company owned by CX Partners and Capital Square Partners.
- Minacs will be integrated with Concentrix, a wholly owned subsidiary of SYNNEX.
- Concentrix currently operates across 25 countries, with approximately 90 delivery centers and more than 70,000 employees. This acquisition will provide Concentrix with increased scale, by gaining access to Minacs' team of approximately 21,000 experts and 35 centers worldwide.
- The transaction, which is expected to close in late Q3 2016, will add approximately $400 million of revenue and $0.53 per share non-GAAP earnings.
- SYNNEX closed today up 2.87%, compared to the S&P 500 which was up 0.34%. Trading volume for SYNNEX was up almost 70%.
M&A As a Source of Growth and Diversification
- Building Through Buying: SYNNEX has been making efforts to differentiate itself from its competitors by diversifying beyond traditional distribution and expanding its portfolio of higher margin services. Key in this diversification effort has been SYNNEX's Concentrix division, which has grown through six acquisitions.
- Good for the Goose and Gander: The largest of these transactions was SYNNEX's 2014 acquisition of IBM's customer care business process outsourcing (BPO) services business for $505 million. That deal benefitted both participants: IBM was able to divest what was for it a low margin segment, and SYNNEX diversified its offerings while Concentrix became a top-10 provider in the growing CRM BPO market.
- Strengthening Domain Expertise: Minacs specifically offers SYNNEX the opportunity to build its domain expertise in the automotive industry vertical and leverage Minacs' proprietary technology in the Marketing Optimization and IoT solutions space.
For more information about this transaction,
click here to read the press release.
martinwolf was not the advisor in this transaction.
To receive instant analysis on the day's business news from the martinwolf team,
follow us on Twitter @martin_wolf_ and on LinkedIn at martinwolf.
With offices in the San Francisco Bay Area, martinwolf is a leading M&A Advisory focused on middle market companies in the IT Services, IT Supply Chain, IT-Enabled Business Process Outsourcing and Software as a Service (SaaS) space. Since 1997, our team has completed more than 140 transactions in nineteen countries and sold seven divisions of Fortune 500 companies.
martinwolf is a member of FINRA and SIPC. For more information, visit www.martinwolf.com.
To learn more about martinwolf, contact Matthew Putzulu at email@example.com.
© martinwolf 2016
"There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation,
hard work, and learning from failure"