SSC RECIPE OF THE MONTH
Provided by Ken Baccetti
3 salmon filets – 1/4 lb. each
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
5 cloves garlic, finely diced
1 small yellow onion, diced
1/3 cup vegetable broth
5 ounces jarred sun-dried tomato in oil, drained
1 3/4 cups heavy cream
Salt and pepper to taste
3 cups baby spinach leaves
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the salmon filets on both sides with salt and pepper, and sear in the hot pan, flesh-side down first, for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Once the salmon filets are cooked, remove them from the pan and set them aside.
2. In the same pan, melt the butter in the remaining cooking juices. Add in the garlic and fry until fragrant (about 1 minute). Add onion and stir fry until translucent. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and fry for 1 – 2 minutes so they release their flavors. Finally, pour in the vegetable broth and allow the sauce to reduce down slightly.
3. Reduce heat to low, add the heavy cream, and bring to a gentle simmer while stirring occasionally. Season the cream sauce with salt and pepper to your desired taste.
4. Add the baby spinach and allow it to wilt in the sauce, and add in the Parmesan cheese. Allow the cream sauce to simmer for another minute until the cheese melts through.
5. Add the grilled salmon filets back into the pan; sprinkle with parsley and spoon the sauce over each filet. Serve this creamy, garlic Tuscan Salmon over a bed of rice, pasta or your favorite steamed veggies.