May 16, 2020 - Updated
McKenzie Meadows Golf Club
Opened for the season on Monday May 4th.
It is CRITICAL that Golfers review and follow the following protocols for booking, payment, playing, and keeping yourself and others safe. These procedures are new to you and to all of us, so we must work together to ensure success during this time.
Tee time bookings will begin Friday May 1st at 10:30 AM for Season Pass Members. Public bookings will take place at 3:00 PM.
Golf Course - OPEN
West Driving Range - OPEN
Restaurant - Inside Closed
1/2 way house take out / On Course Pick up Service - OPEN
Clubhouse - Closed
Pro Shop - Closed
Golf Procedures During Current Health Crisis
Please adhere to the guidelines established by our local, provincial and federal government.
- If you are sick or are feeling sick, do not come to the golf course.
- Social distancing a minimum of 2 metres on all areas of the property is mandatory.
- No group gatherings.
- We will be cleaning any items of touch, but please be prepared with your own hand sanitizer etc.
- abide by ALBERTA HEALTH SERVICES MANDATORY PROCEDURES.
Tee Time Booking
- Season Pass Members – May book online or by phone. When booking, ALL names of other members and/or Guests are required.
- Corporate Passes, Five Game Pass, Gift Certificates, - May book by phone only.
- Public Golfers – May book online and prepayment is required. Phone booking and payment option #2.
- Walk-up tee times will not be allowed.
Arriving at the Club
- You may arrive on property no earlier than 15 minutes prior for your pre-paid tee time.
- Have your receipt available for our attendant at the entrance.
Remain in Your Car
- Players will be required to remain in their car until their group is announced.
Carts and Pull Carts
– Self-Serve for prepaid carts may be picked up at West side of the Cart Park area.
Tee Time Announcements:
“ON the Tee”
- Proceed to 1
- Proceed to cart pick up area, 1st tee putting Green / Path area.
“15 Minute Call” -
In Car at Parking Lot
Wait in or at your car.
Clubhouse is Closed
Pro Shop – If payment needed for pull carts or incidentals only. Max. 2 persons in Pro Shop at one time.
Washrooms – In the clubhouse or at the ½ way house (east side building outside)
NO CLUB RENTALS AVAILABLE.
- Tee Area – keep golf group separate from others at all tees.
- Tee times have been spaced - to keep this consistent all groups must maintain pace of play.
- Keep Score on the McKenzie Meadows APP. Cards and pencils only available on request.
- Rakes in the Bunkers – Eliminated. Local rule: winter rules.
- Meeting at the green – Social Distancing required.
- Leave Pin in at green – Not touching the flag pole
- Getting Ball out of Hole – Modifications will allow the hole to be very shallow. This allows golfers to grab their ball without touching the flag or the cup.
- Ball Washers – Eliminated from the course. Golfers bring their own damp towel.
- Trash Cans Eliminated - please be responsible for your own garbage and dispose when you get home.
- Course Marshal - monitoring for pace and to ensure players are practicing physical distancing.
- Pre-payment required.
- Cart Pick Up – Sanitized carts will have a key in them, facing west in cart park.
- Cart number and pay verification will take place at 1st tee by our starter.
- Sand bottles removed, Ball washers - out of order
- One rider per cart, unless you are residing together.
- Cart Return – east end of Cart Park; personally dispose of all trash in nearby receptacles.
Driving Range - Clubhouse Side
- Available for golfers to warm up at the Clubhouse side.
- Will Open periodically - Entry Greeter will inform of availability.
Practice Putting Green
- Open only to the golf group, which is “ON DECK” for their tee time.
- No Range Balls allowed. Personal golf balls only.
- All Pins are above ground with no holes.
- Do not touch the pins.
- When you are called... "next on the first tee"…. Move to the first tee to allow access for the next group to the "on deck" and putting green area.
Food and Beverage
- Our restaurant is closed for sit-down food and beverage services. “call-ahead,” “take-out, and/or “to go” services are available at our 1/2 way house.
- Access our Menu here: On Course Menu To Go . Order while on course including hot food and we will have it ready for pick up at 1/2 way window, outside on east end of Clubhouse.
- On course services may be available from time to time at our 1/4 house located at 6 and 13 tees.
- Payment by credit/debit cards only. We will not be accepting cash until further notice.
by credit/debit cards only. We will not be accepting cash until further notice.
at the Clubhouse, ½ Way House, and on course will be open.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are located throughout clubhouse and at each entrance.
- McKenzie Meadows will be sanitizing and cleaning our high traffic areas frequently.
- If we experience a frost, lightning or rain delay, please wait in your car until notified. This allows us to follow all guidance to not exceed gathering limits established by local authorities.
Driving Range Safety
We have sanitized and modified things to take away frequent touch points. Some of the modifications at this time include:
- Visa / Master Card at West Range / Credit / Debit and Passes at East. No Cash
- Golf Balls washed and sanitized.
- Washed buckets and sanitized bucket handles.
- Wider Stalls to enhance physical / social distancing
- Golfers Only - No spectators, no teaching
- No rentals, personal clubs only
- No golf bag stands
- No Garbage Cans on range.
- Washrooms Closed
- Putting Green West Range Only - Open; restricted to 8 patrons at one time.
Golf Industry Procedures
ALBERTA HEALTH SERVICES MANDATORY PROCEDURES
To protect yourself and others:
• practice physical distancing
• wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
• cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your elbow
• avoid touching your face with unwashed hands • avoid travel outside Canada
• watch for COVID-19 symptoms: cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose or sore throat
Follow mandatory self-isolation requirements:
• 14 days if you recently returned from travel outside of Canada or are a close contact of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, plus an additional 10 days from the onset of symptoms, should they occur, whichever is longer
• 10 days minimum if you develop any COVID-19 symptoms, or until the symptoms resolve, whichever is longer
Thank you for playing golf at McKenzie Meadows
McKenzie Meadows Golf Club