Tampa, Fla., - The Hillsborough Transit Authority (HART) gives Gasparilla pirates a reason to be merry and safe with stress-free commuting options to Tampa's famous pirate invasion!
HART will operate extra streetcar and bus service to accommodate the large numbers of anticipated passengers on Saturday, January 28, 2023, for the third-largest parade in the United States. Please keep in mind that routes are subject to change due to road closures.
HART is the most convenient and affordable method of travel to the Gasparilla parade.
TECO Line Streetcar System
- Streetcar service is free
- Continuous streetcar service from 8:30 a.m.- 2:00 a.m.
For parking in Ybor City, Station #2 (Centro Ybor) is your best bet to the event with Stations #3 and #4 closed from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. A FREE bus shuttle will be provided (details below).
Streetcar stations #5 through #9 will be closed until 2 p.m.
- Stations #1 and #11 will be closed all day.
HART Bus Service
An all-day pass is $4, which may be purchased in advance at HART retail outlets or onboard buses on Gasparilla Day with cash (no change provided) or via the Flamingo Fares app. Passengers may also use their monthly bus pass. This fare does not cover City of Tampa parking fees.
- For parking in Ybor City, HART will provide FREE bus shuttle service between Station #3 (Streetcar Society Station) and Station #4 (Cadrecha Station) and downtown Tampa (Station #10 - Dick Greco Plaza) continuously from 9:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- For parking at the Port Authority Parking Garage, HART will be providing FREE bus shuttle service to/from Station #10 (Dick Greco Plaza) continuously from 9:30 a.m.- 7:00 p.m.
Getting to Downtown Tampa on HART
- From University Area: Routes 1*, 5, 6, 9, 12, 275LX, MetroRapid
- From Temple Terrace: Route 6
- From New Tampa/Wiregrass: Route 275LX
- From Brandon: Routes 8, 360LX*
- From West Tampa/Citrus Park: Route 7*
- From South Tampa: Routes 19*, 360LX*
- From Tampa International: Routes 10*, 30*
Ride with Respect
Please remember to respect the rules and Ride with Respect on all HART services for an enjoyable experience for everyone on board!
Alcohol, coolers, illegal drugs, etc. are some of the items not permitted on HART vehicles.
Do your part to keep Gasparilla in shipshape and safe for everyone. We encourage everyone, participants and spectators, to stay alert around our buses and streetcars.
If you see something suspicious, say something - alert a HART employee, a police officer, or call 9-1-1.
*Routes 1,7, 8, 10, 14, 19, 30, and 360LX will be on detour during the festivities.
Set sail with HART on social
Follow @GoHART on Twitter and Facebook. Social scallywags can connect and share their Gasparilla parade experience with us!
For more information on HART and the TECO Line Streetcar, visit www.goHART.org.