Dear Saint Paul School Community,
THANK YOU for a Spooktacular week for the students and faculty provided by the Hallow Harvest Committee – Christiana Olayan-Baker, Julie Danner, Amy Doherty, Felita Dortch, Janelle Kelley, Maura Naughton and Nicole Storey. The students enjoyed decorating pumpkins, a balloon arch, Mrs. Knobloch’s famous cupcakes, costume day, bagged treats, and movies.
We are excited to announce that SPS has been enrolled in Active School/ Active Kids 2.0. This is a nationwide school program to help students (and families) improve their fitness, mood and cognitive skills through exercise videos and live workouts. Every SPS family and teacher will have membership access to the site so you can login from school or home.
Our Physical Education classes will use the program in three ways.
1. Students will be encouraged to login in at home and choose a 20-30 minute workout 4-5 times a week. The library includes a variety of classes from cardio and strength, dance, yoga and boxing.
2. As the weather turns cold PE class will be have to move inside. We will be tapping into the Active Kids 2.0 library for some fun workouts.
3. If we are forced to go back to Remote Learning we can use this site as part of our PE class. The students can download a Fitness Log to track their weekly progress and report back to the teacher.
Let’s Get Started:
1. Once you login in to the Member Only section with your username and password go to the Home button and Active Schools will come up. This will give you an overall view of the school programs.
2. Go to the Members Only section and check out all the classes.
3. Lastly, would you like a little competition? Check out the “Competition” section. You can compete against other Active Kids 2.0 members in a weekly challenge. You may earn a prize!!
NOW LET’S GET UP. GET MOVING AND HAVE FUN!!!!!
We have AWESOME families at Saint Paul School and cannot thank you enough for keeping the faculty and staff well fed.
The Lubrano Family– Thank you for bagels and coffee on Tuesday!
The Sherman Family – Thank you for providing the faculty and staff with lunch on Thursday!
UPDATES and REMINDERS…
As the holidays approach I remind our families that Massachusetts continues to have travel restrictions. Students will be required to provide a negative test 72 hour before return to Massachusetts and/or quarantine for 14 days. More information can be found on the mass.gov website. This is for the safety of our students AND faculty.
Feedback from “Better than a Suggestion Box” ….
We have seen an amazing positive change in our preschooler! We give the credit to your staff and specifically Miss Fiotto! ...She is kind, caring and a positive influence in the young children's lives! She is a very special teacher and we're so lucky to have her! Thank you for all you do!!
We want to thank all of the amazing staff at drop off and pick up! It's so nice to have such a friendly and helpful group to start and end our day! We know everyone is working hard out there and we appreciate everyone's help!
Such a lovely, polite and helpful school. Enjoy being creative with music classes this year.
TEAM SPS: Embarking on a new adventure together!
Have a wonderful weekend!