SANTA CRUZ HARBOR COVID-19 UPDATE
Dear Harbor Community:
As you know, Santa Cruz County has been operating under a shelter in place order. Yesterday, Governor Newsom's Executive Order N-33-20, effectively expanded that shelter in place order statewide. For information about California's coronavirus response, visit https://covid19.ca.gov/.
The governor's order confirms that federal critical infrastructure sectors, critical government services, schools, childcare, and construction, including housing construction, will continue. The governor's order does not change current Port District operations and essential services will continue, including:
- Law enforcement, marine search and rescue and security services, monitoring VHF channels 9 and 16
- Dredging and boatyard operations
- Fuel service on call basis (VHF channel 9)
- Emergency response (such as hazmat, emergency vessel haul-out at boatyard, etc.)
- Essential administrative / finance work
- Bill pay available online https://www.santacruzharbor.org/bill-pay/
- Maintenance and servicing of public and boater restrooms
- Garbage transport and collection services
Harbor services deemed non-essential during this public health emergency have been temporarily suspended to protect public health. The harbor office and boatyard customer service counters remain closed, and the concession parking lot kiosk is closed.
The Port Commission's regular March meeting has been cancelled.
I sincerely hope that this finds all of you well and that we can get back to regular operations soon. In the meantime, please take care, wash your hands and practice recommended social distancing practices.
Marian Olin, Port Director
Santa Cruz Port District
Santa Cruz, CA 95062
March 20, 2020
FOR EMERGENCIES, CALL 911
- EMAIL email@example.com
- OFFICE TELEPHONE (831) 475-6161 (messages only)
Management Non-Emergency Contacts:
- Port Director: firstname.lastname@example.org; tel. (831) 475-6161, ext. 21
- Harbormaster: email@example.com; tel. (831) 475-6161, ext. 17
- Administrative Services Manager firstname.lastname@example.org; tel. (831) 475-6161, ext. 19
- Facilities Manager: email@example.com; tel. (831) 475-6161, ext. 10