Welcome Back Winter ... Market!
If the first day of Spring brings winter weather, it seems appropriate that this month's Winter Market should follow. Such an occurence takes place this Saturday, when the fourth of five in this year's series takes place from 9 am to 11 am at the usual market location. Check the roster of who's going to attend:
- 1732 Meats: Bacon, pancetta, and guanciale.
- Amazing Acres Goat Dairy: Assorted delicious goat cheeses.
- Bonnies Wondergardens: Pansies, early spring cut flowers and spring plants.
- Buy The Dozen Bakery: Featuring Jerome's European breads, including pretzels, baguettes, boules, and chocolate croissants.
- Creative Shepherd Farm: Jam, cheese, coffee, handicrafts, salsa, baked goods and cheese.
- Freeland Market: Fresh sausages, charcuterie and smoked meats.
- Green Zebra Farm: Tomato sauces, storage onions, pepper ketchup, kimchee, and more.
- Livengood Family Farm: Eggs, beef, pork, chicken and lamb. A limited number of Easter hams can be reserved by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MoJo's Pop Co: A variety of flavors of toffee popcorn, plus popcorn in festive Easter packaging.
- Paradocx Vineyard: Wine
- Take Me Bake Me: Large and mini pies.
- Taste of Puebla: Guacamole, corn chips, pico de gallo, salsa fresca, spicy red salsa, pork or chicken tamales, garbanzo chipotle hummus.
- Vera Pasta: Traditional homemade fresh pasta and sauces.
- Waffatopia: New Victory Monkey Spice waffles and orange pomegranate waffles for Spring! Order online anytime at www.waffatopia.com
- Wilson's Curiously Good Foods: Plenty of mushroom soup plus lots of other goodies.
You're Still Invited
The LEDC -- provider of this fine newsletter you're now reading -- would like to remind readers about its Annual Meeting taking place next Thursday evening, March 26, at AviAnna Restaurant and Banquet Facility. The evening will feature guest speaker Naomi Starobin, editor for the WHYY radio news program Keystone Crossroads, along with presentations to the first-ever LEDC Volunteer of the Year Grace Caputo and retired board member Bill Brown. Please RSVP by Monday, March 23!
Register Early for Memorial Day 5K
There may be snow in the forecast, but the Ninth Annual Lansdowne Memorial Day 5K is only two months away, and registrations are now being accepted online. Discounted early rates are valid through May 4, and early registration is the only way you'll be able to score a 5K t-shirt! Groups of 20 or more who pre-register are also eligible to choose their own custom color team shirt. Go online today for more information about the event, including sponsorship and volunteer opportunities.
Spring Recreation Programs Announced
The Lansdowne Parks & Recreation Board has released its Spring 2015 programs featuring a mix of activites for young and old, including dance, Tai Chi, yoga, and much more. Most class sessions start in early- to mid-April, so check out the full program guide and register soon!
Egg Hunt for Kids at Hoffman Park
Kids (and parents) are invited to head to Hoffman Park next Saturday, March 28, for the annual Spring Egg Hunt -- presented by Lansdowne Parks & Recreation. Games begin at 1:00 pm, with the egg hunt and prizes to follow. This free event is best for ages 3-12. Bring a camera and get your photo taken with the Bunny!
Pitch In at Keep Lansdowne Beautiful Day
The sixth annual edition of Lansdowne's volunteer cleanup event takes place from 9:00 to noon on Saturday, April 11. Those interested in participating are encouraged to call 267-908-4254 to help plan and prepare. Volunteers will meet at Lansdowne Borough Hall on cleanup day.
In addition to the wonderful goings-on listed in the column at left, don't miss these upcoming events:
Lansdowne Symphony Orchestra Spring Concert
Sunday, March 22, 3:00 pm; $5-$18
Upper Darby Performing Arts Center, 601 N. Lansdowne Avenue, Drexel Hill
Marc Berger with special guest Last Chance at Lansdowne Folk Club
Thursday, March 26, 7:30 pm; $17-20
Twentieth Century Club, 84 S. Lansdowne Avenue
Spring Egg Hunt presented by Lansdowne Parks and Recreation Board
for children ages 3 to 12
Saturday, March 28, 1:00 pm; free
Hoffman Park, Scottdale Road
Down-Home BBQ featuring Mason Porter
fundraiser to benefit Lansdowne Union AA
Saturday, April 18, 7:00 pm; $50
Twentieth Century Club, 84 S. Lansdowne Avenue
Lansdowne Arts & Crafts Show
Saturday, May 2, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Municipal lot at 30 N. Lansdowne Avenue
Town-Wide Yard Sale
Saturday, May 9, various times and locations
Call 610-623-7300 x 211 by April 23 to have your sale added to the official map.
View the complete listing of local events.
Do you have an event to announce?
Send your upcoming events to email@example.com to have them included in this space!
Read our announcement and advertising policies.