YES Fund Fall 2022
Since launching the YES Fund at the beginning of the semester, the Foundation has awarded over 20 applications with support. With a focus on career and learning readiness, teachers were able to fill their classrooms with more tools and technology to help their students grow. To highlight a few success stories, here are the winners' stories from left to right in the picture:
- Amanda Praska’s 7th grade math class at Northglenn Middle School received a visit from Board Member Joy Rollins with $500 YES Fund support that will ensure ALL students have the appropriate calculators to learn their skills!
Foundation Board Member Priscilla Mancosky got to play Santa Claus by stopping by music teacher Jared Crump-Bertram's classroom at Century Middle School with $900 in funds to launch students on their music exploration pathway with lessons from professional musicians!
- YES Fund Committee member and retired teacher, Debbie Darvill, delivered a holiday treat in the form of a YES Fund Grant to Melissa Murphy and her class at Coyote Ridge. This new teacher got a big boost in their Destination Imagination program with this $1,000 gift from our donors!
- Board member Jay Lopez got to deliver a couple of YES Fund checks to these lucky classrooms at Coronado Hills Elementary School:
- Music Teacher Ryan Guerrieri received $1425 to buy special 3-string guitars perfect for little hands to learn chords! These will help motivate and ignite a passion for music with students. This will also launch a guitar club at school!
- K-5 Art Teacher and District Elementary Art Coordinator, Faith Donaldson, poses with her YES Fund check for $650 to purchase a new projector for visual arts classes.
Congratulations to our Fall YES Fund winners!
To learn more about YES Fund, check out our website.