Dear Assumption Students and Parents,
Students are welcomed and encouraged to remove the remainder of their belongings out of their residence hall or apartment on Saturday, March 21, Sunday, March 22 and Monday, March 23. To facilitate an orderly move out and minimize interactions, we ask students and families to come to campus on your assigned day.
*** PLEASE NOTE THAT CLASSES ARE CANCELED FOR MONDAY, MARCH 23 ***
- SATURDAY, MARCH 21: Students with last names that begin with O through Z should come between noon and 8 p.m.
- SUNDAY, MARCH 22: Students with last names that begin with G through N should come between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- MONDAY, MARCH 23: Students with last names that begin with A through F should come between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Students will be allowed on campus with one guest and we ask that students take no more than 2 hours to move out.
- The College will have limited staff available for lock-outs so please bring your room key and student ID. We ask students to leave their room key in top draw of their desk.
- Students should bring all trash to the building trash rooms or dumpsters outside of their halls and bring all items home.
- If you have any items that need to be returned to the College (i.e. athletic/club uniforms, library books, health services equipment, etc.), then please leave those items labeled with your name, email and destination (i.e. who to return to) in your room on top of your desk.
- There is limited storage for students who live more than 400 miles from campus. These students should pack up their belongings and label them with their name and email. These belongings can be left in your room and Buildings & Grounds will move them to storage for the summer. (Please know the College cannot be held responsible for missing or damaged items.)
- Any student that cannot come on their assigned day should contact Residential Life by email.
- Any packages delivered to students at the College have or will be forwarded to students’ home addresses.
- Students who traveled outside of the 48 contiguous states in the last 14 days must not come to campus and should email Residential Life to make alternate arrangements.
- Campus Police officers will be stationed throughout campus to assist with parking
We really appreciate everyone’s flexibility and patience during this time. We are excited to welcome returning students back to campus next year and will be in contact soon regarding housing selection for 2020-2021. We miss you and will be in touch soon for some online residential programming in the coming weeks.
We know that this is a complicated and stressful time. We ask for patience and compassion with yourselves and others as we navigate this difficult time.
Office of Residential Life