The Ohio Department of Aging (ODA), in partnership with key state and local organizations, will offer on-site vaccination clinics at affordable senior housing communities in Ohio, including those financed by OHFA, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development and USDA Rural Development. Their approach makes it possible to bring vaccines directly to the homes of tens of thousands older Ohioans. This is a great opportunity to get the residents of your senior properties vaccinates very easily! We know that some of you have already scheduled these or are in communication with the Ohio Department of Aging. However, if you haven't done so yet or ODA hasn't been able to reach you, OHFA encourages owners and managers of senior properties to take advantage of this opportunity.
These on-site clinics will be executed by:
- Engaging small multidisciplinary teams of experts
- Coordinating support from the Ohio National Guard
- Aligning with Ohio's Emergency Preparedness Regions
- Providing targeted, time-limited support for COVID-19 vaccines
The goal of these on-site vaccination clinics are as follows:
- Mobilizes to vaccinate residential clusters of individuals 65 and older
- Coordinates on-site vaccine education and registration
- Eliminates the need to arrange transportation to an off-site location
- Provides screening for isolation and resources for wrap-around services
- Eases the demand on local vaccine providers by sharing the work
For general information about the program, please click here:
For information about the role of the Housing Site Manager and/or Owner/Management Agent, please click here:
Please note that these are ideal roles and in many cases this will look a little different locally depending on how much coordination occurs with your local Area Agency on Aging, resident service coordinators and/or housing management staff who are assisting. ODA staff will be able to assist you in planning the on-site vaccination clinic that meets your property residents' needs.
If you would like to schedule an on-site vaccination clinic at your senior property, please fill out the survey below by end of business on Friday, April 2!
On-Site Vaccination Clinic Request Survey
If you have any questions, please contact Ashley Davis with the Ohio Department of Aging at email@example.com.