School Spirit Days
All students are invited to participate in “School Spirit Days” when we have early dismissals. This is a
chance for students to express their YARCS pride
at no cost
. They may wear York Academy or college themed shirts/tops and school appropriate jeans, shorts or skirts. Additional guidelines are provided below. The dates are:
- Friday, September 13 & Monday, September 16
- Thursday, October 10
- Friday, October 25
- Friday, November 15
- Wednesday, November 27
- Friday, December 20
- Friday, January 17
- Friday, February 14
- Friday, March 6
- Thursday, April 9
- Friday, May 22
- Wednesday, June 3
On School Spirit Days, students are expected to exercise good judgment in the selection of school appropriate clothing. At a minimum, school appropriate clothing should meet the following standards:
- Tops are long enough to extend to the waistline of the shorts/pants/skirt, have sleeves and a modest neckline
- Crop tops, muscle shirts, spaghetti straps are not school appropriate.
- Bottoms fit at the waistline and are no more than 4 inches above the knee
- Leggings, tights, yoga pants and pajamas are not school appropriate.
- All clothing is free of double-meaning, suggestive slogans or words, advertisements of illegal products or profanity
- All clothing is in good repair, free of rips or tears
- Undergarments are completely covered by clothing at all times
- Shoes have a closed toe and back
- Flip flops, slides, and slippers are not school appropriate.
Please note that the
York Academy PTO
will continue to hold “Dress Down Days” each month for a $1 donation toward their efforts. Those dates will be shared as they arise. The above “School Spirit Days” are separate opportunities for students to dress casually.
We hope your students enjoy them!