Dear Villa Community,
Our state testing window starts next week and continues through the month. For parents in Grades 3 – 8 (both remote and in-person) you should have already received an email from Barbi with a calendar of testing dates, as well as drop-off and pick-up guidelines for the remote learners coming to campus. We are asking that no outside appointments be made for your child on their testing days. Please support your child by making sure they get a good night’s sleep, breakfast and bring a water bottle on their testing days. Thank you very much for your support with this.
For reference, the full testing schedule can be found HERE
Quarantine chosen versus COVID testing:
Close Contacts: all from one family
Summer School Registration
Online registration for our summer programs will begin on Wednesday, April 7th, in the morning. Spaces are limited so please keep an eye out for this email. We deeply appreciate your patience!
We understand the frustration some of you are experiencing regarding the lengthiness of the afternoon carline. In an effort to try to speed the process up, we met with the carline crew and brainstormed things we could do. If we each do our part, we believe it will make a difference.
- Note which students tend to take too long to get out the door and talk with them directly about speeding things up.
- Make sure any students that recently returned to school have carline signs
Carline crew will:
- Direct the cars to pull up a bit further to allow one more car to load
Will open doors and help children get into the car on the passenger/ carline sign
- Reach out to families that tend to have random Circle and carline days and request that they have designated days for Circle and Carline or that they communicate their schedule with the office and teacher so their child will be ready on carline days
- Purchase a new no left turn sign
- Add additional staff members to help
- Keep the carline sign in the window the entire way through carline
- Practice grace and courtesy by taking turns with cars entering the driveway from north and south
- Share with extended family the carline procedures including grace and courtesy and carline signs
- Use the roundabout rather than making a U-Turn
- Have children get into the car on the right side and buckle as they are slowly leaving the pickup zone
We are (again) asking everyone to use the carline for pick up. We have received numerous complaints from neighbors about students being picked up on the surrounding streets. Please help us to be a respectful neighbor.
As the saying goes, doing the right thing is always the right thing.
Have a great weekend!
Margo S. O’Neill, M.Ed.
Head of School