Dear Students, Families and Riverview Faculty,
Earlier this week SC Governor McMaster closed school buildings through the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year. Digital learning will continue for several more weeks, though we are still awaiting further information from SCDE before finalizing the last day of school.
During the next several weeks, please look for future communications from us about plans for celebrating our 8th graders, picking up items from school, returning items to school, etc. We appreciate your patience as we work through the safest way to facilitate these end of the year needs.
Thank you for your continued commitment to digital learning. Below is a recount of our school's digital learning plans for the remainder of the year (as previously published this past Sunday):
- Teachers will only be sending out new assignments Monday through Thursday. Students should use Fridays to makeup any missing assignments from earlier in the week.
- Teachers will continue to maintain “office hours” from 9am to 11am Monday through Friday, and 4:30pm to 5:30pm Monday through Thursday. These are the best times for you and your child(ren) to communicate with their teachers. Questions that arise after 5:30pm will be answered the next morning between 9am and 11am.
- Teachers will be monitoring assignments and providing feedback to students throughout the day. You never know when you might hear from them!
- For K-5 students, please note that Specials content will vary from week to week so students will not always miss their Friday Special.
- For Middle School students, during the remainder of digital learning, students only need to participate in one Specials content each week (though they may continue to participate in more than one if they wish to do so). Middle School students should notify the Specials teacher (via email) that they wish to continue with. Students do not need to communicate with their other Specials teachers about their choice at this time, only the teacher of the class that they will be continuing with. NOTE: Students wishing to earn their Spanish I or French I credit, must maintain enrollment in those classes in order to earn those credits.
Please continue to take every precaution to stay safe and healthy and we will continue to send out emails as our end of year plans are finalized.
All the Best,
Alison H. Thomas