Our next B.L.A.S.T. children's event is a Fall Festival on September 25th from 2:30-5:30pm at Mt. Zion UMC!!! We will have several stations and games for kids and families to attend. Here are some of the things we have planned.
* Arts and crafts (cross necklaces, banner making, scratch off leaves, etc)
* Pumpkin Station – tentative based on availability of pumpkins (decorate a pumpkin, guess the weight of a pumpkin, pumpkin ring toss)
* Obstacle Course
* Scavenger Hunt through the cemetery
* Yard Games/Carnival Games
* Cake Walk
* Petting zoo
There are many components to this event so we are hoping many of you will be able to come and help on the day of the event. Here are some of the areas where we need help.
* Set up (12:30pm – 2:30pm)
* Clean Up (5:30pm – finished)
* Parking (set up signs to designate parking and monitor the parking area when crowded)
* Run the cake walk every 15 minutes or so. (start the music, stop the music, draw a number, announce the winner, etc.)
* Welcome guests at the welcome table and pass out goodie bags as they leave
* 2 Arts and Crafts leaders
* Run the petting zoo, stand with animals and answer questions, monitor safety, etc.
* Help kids with pumpkin painting
* Collect estimates on the weight of the pumpkin
* Lead games
* Ring toss
* Scavenger hunt
* Grab an apple (like bobbing for apples but with hands)
* Needle in haystack search (kids search for prizes)
* Pumpkin knock down (throw a ball at a target)
* Corn hole
* Donate cakes, pies, brownies, cookies, etc. for the cake walk
If you would like to help, please email Chelsey Lundgren.
We are really excited for this event and hoping it will be a big success!