Credit Reports provide tenants current and past credit worthiness. However, checking tenants court records will reveal if there has been any evictions or judgments filed by prior landlords.
CHECKING SAN DIEGO COUNTY COURT FILINGS IS EASY AND FREE
Review legal filings against San Diego County tenants.
If link doesn't connect to website, copy and paste web address into your web browser.
Next, once on San Diego County Superior Court website.
- Click on the " Access Court Records".
- Click on "Online Case Search"
- Click On "Party Name Search"
- Case Type: Civil
- Case Location: Unknown- All
- Party Type: Unknown- All
- Beginning Date Filed: 1974
- Ending Date Filed Year: 2019
- Fill in Last Name or Business Name
- Fill in First Name
- Press Submit
NOTE: Look for "UD" Unlawful Detainer which means an Unlawful Detainer was filed. The year the filing occurred is the indicated in the 4- digit code in the beginning of the number sequence. Example 37- 2017 would indicate the filing occurred in 2017.